Back to Results
Case Management Assistant
Fairfax Medical Campus 621853 Full Time 3300 Gallows Road, Falls Church, VA, 22042, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Case Management Assistant, you will accurately arrange services for assigned patient populations including Home Health, Durable Medical Equipment, Ambulance, Housing, Skilled Nursing Facility and others in order to ensure that appropriate continuing care services are in place for patient transitions. To help achieve our mission, you will communicate and document accurate clinical/financial information in both verbal and written forms in order to assist Case Managers and/or Social Workers in appropriate assessments, implementations and evaluations of patients' continuing care needs. Your ability to interpret and communicate payor requirements to Case managers, Social Workers, patients and physicians is required. Receiving and documenting benefit and contract level requirements in order to ensure the appropriate utilization of benefits and services is of vital importance. Your ability to support the case management outcome model through clinical, clerical and support services in order to assist with the planning, assessment and implementation of appropriate patient transitions is expected.
- Conducts timely arrangements of services to meet customer requirements, as evidenced by measurement of turnaround time (request to completion).
- Addresses/solves provider and payor issues quickly with support from Case Management staff and performs other duties as assigned.
- Accurately communicates financial and clinical information to clinicians, patients, families, care team members and external customers.
- Accurately documents, as evidenced through chart review, clinical and financial patient information in order to assist with discharge, planning and access to continuing care services.
- Communicates with payor and documents detailed instructions on billing, authorization and utilization of services.
- Performs support services including faxing, data entry, filing and reception in order to assist with patient transition.
- Completes state and federal forms related to patient level of care, according to regulatory standards, in order to assist with patient transition.
- Anticipates needs of department and performs various duties to assist with the flow and management of patient care.
Education: High School diploma or GED
Experience: 2 year of customer service. Two years preferred but not required in healthcare.
Knowledge of medical terminology.