Registered Nurse Outpatient Gastroenterology
Inova’s Mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova is the only health system in the country where all 5 hospitals received five-star rankings from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; they are the only hospitals in the Washington, DC region to have earned the highest rating from the federal agency. Inova is home to prominent clinicians and scientists, who drive innovation to improve patient care, prevent disease and promote wellness.
The Inova RN provides safe therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way, in a physician practice or other outpatient setting. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Integrates knowledge, skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families, to include patient and family education. Teamwork - communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes. Quality/Best Practice - utilizes standards, guidelines and pathways for care delivery. Incorporates data and information to improve care and enhance outcomes. Professional Development - ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice. Serves as a resource, preceptor and mentor. Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
Must possess an AD or BSN Degree. An MSN degree is preferred.
1. AD graduates must meet w/ manager w/in six months of start date to identify accredited school.
2. Must submit outline from school and written plan showing required courses and timeline for completion.
3. New employees must complete BSN program within 24 months of start date.
* Valid license to practice as an RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia is required.
* Current BLS certification is required.
* A minimum of one year in a medical office setting preferred.
* Must be proficient in English with strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Proficient computer skills required.
For internal use: