Medical Laboratory Technician 2
Medical Lab Technician 2:
Inova Alexandria Hospital is seeking a Medical Laboratory Technician 2 to join the Blood Bank Lab team! This role is full-time Night shift Monday through Friday and every other weekend. This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus for new team members!
Inova Benefits and Perks:
- Sign-on bonus eligibility for new team members
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- NEW! 4 weeks PAID PARENTAL LEAVE
- Retirement: Inova matches dollar for dollar the first 5% of your eligible pay that you contribute to the plan
- Competitive salary: Pay based experience
- Amazing Paid Time Off: Accrue PTO hours on your very first day of work
- Supplemental Plans: Including Auto/Home Insurance discounts, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Additional Benefits: Educational Assistance of up to $5,250/year, Student Loan Refinancing, Adoption Assistance, Child Care Centers, Scholarship Program, Free Parking, Exclusive savings opportunities to in-store events, theme parks, discounts, movie tickets and local offerings and so much more!
See Full List of Benefits Here: 2022 INOVA BENEFITS GUIDE
Requirements for consideration:
- Associate degree in Medical Laboratory Technology from a college/university accredited by a recognized regional or national accreditation agency
- Associate degree or 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of academic credit from a regionally accredited college/university with 6 semester hours (9 quarter hours) in chemistry and 6 semester hours (9 quarter hours) in biology
And one of the following:
- Successful completion of a NAACLS or ABHES accredited MLT program.
- Successful completion of a 50 week U.S. military medical laboratory training course within the last ten years.
- Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited MLS program, NAACLS or ABHES accredited MLT program, or a foreign medical laboratory science clinical training program within the 12 months can be used in lieu of one year of full time acceptable clinical experience.
- MLT(ASCP) certification upon start
- Floats to other areas to maintain productivity and proficiency.
- Follows site specific standard operating procedures, manuals and instructions.
- Participates in constructive feedback and gives positive reinforcement to coworkers.
- Reports clinical data accurately and efficiently so that care givers receive timely patient information.
- Notifies appropriate individual(s), including technical support, of problems or discrepancies according to established procedures.
- Minimizes department expenses by using resources efficiently while avoiding urgent supply requests and inventory loss due to expiration.
- Adheres to regulatory agency guidelines (e.g. CAP, The Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, OSHA, State, FDA, AABB, etc.).
- Performs routine/special specimen collection, sample preparation and result reporting while maintaining positive patient identification throughout.
- Proficient with computers; familiarity with laboratory and hospital information systems.
- Adheres to laboratory safety procedures and processes at all times.
- Operates systems/methodologies in order to produce timely and accurate data for patients, QC, and proficiency testing.
- Demonstrates knowledge performing special procedures per department and based on competency assessment specific to those procedures.
- Performs other related duties as needed.