Blood Mobile Driver II-Part Time
Inova Benefits and Perks:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- NEW! 4 weeks PAID PARENTAL LEAVE
- Retirement: Inova matches dollar for dollar the first 5% of your eligible pay that you contribute to the plan
- Competitive salary: Pay based experience
- Amazing Paid Time Off: Accrue PTO hours on your very first day of work
- Supplemental Plans: Including Auto/Home Insurance discounts, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Additional Benefits: Educational Assistance of up to $5,250/year, Student Loan Refinancing, Adoption Assistance, Child Care Centers, Scholarship Program, Free Parking, Exclusive savings opportunities to in-store events, theme parks, discounts, movie tickets and local offerings and so much more!
See Full List of Benefits Here: 2022 INOVA BENEFITS GUIDE
Requirements for consideration:
- High School or GED
- Two years of commercial driving experience with a good driving record.
- Drivers License required
- CDL A or B, Valid CDL Class B.preferred
As a Blood Mobile Driver 2, you will drive all Inova Health System Blood Services vehicles including, but not limited to, large box trucks, bloodmobiles and vans to blood drive locations anywhere within 60 miles of Washington D.C. To help achieve our mission, your ability to assist Team Leaders with maintaining drive operations and participating as an integral member of the team is required. Maintaining vehicle records and documents is expected. Ensuring that all vehicles are in good driving condition to ensure safety and continuity of operations is of vital importance. Remining compliant with all Inova, IBDS and DMV policies/procedures and assisting QA specialists in performing cooler validation is required.
- Obeys all traffic and safety regulations as evidenced by annual review of vehicle violations. Arrives to centers and blood drive locations on time as documented by our time keeping system and Team Leader Summary Report. Ensures that vehicle used for the day is fully fueled after use.
- Prepares and loads all supplies/equipment needed for blood drives. Ensures equipment is clean and in proper working order. Cleans, restocks, breaks down and packs blood drive equipment and loads at end of drive to ensure safe transport. Ensures all equipment is accounted for and safely secured in vehicle for transport.
- Parks IBDS vehicles in a safe location allowing for safe entry and exit of vehicle in accordance with parking regulations.
- Picks up all blood products from Phlebotomy area when completed and packs in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, current Good Manufacturing Practices and IBDS Quality Plans.
- Cleans, visually inspects and returns all coolers to proper storage locations in preparation for the next drive. Removes any coolers or ice blocks that are damaged and not suitable for blood product transport.
- Ensures all inspection, county stickers and licenses are kept up to date on all vehicles and reviews annually with Mobile Operations Manager. Sets up, maintains and breaks down refreshment area as directed by Team Leader.
- Maintains all P-card receipts to allow for easy reconciliation at the end of the month.
- Maintains drivers license in good standing. Alerts Mobile Operations Manager of any driving violations received driving IBDS and personal vehicles. Maintains CDL/DOT requirements including physical and DMV requirements.
Same Posting Description for Internal and External Candidates