Back to Results
Clinical Nurse Auditor - Inova Fairfax
Fairfax Medical Campus 622024 Full Time 3300 Gallows Road, Falls Church, VA, 22042, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Clinical Nurse Auditor, you will maintain proficiency in the use of the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) as it pertains to perioperative documentation. To help achieve our mission, you will ensure that improvements in practice settings are achieved by assuming responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning. Your ability to demonstrate leadership skills in decision making and problem solving is required. Serving as an empowering body to influence staff documentation empowerment and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality is of vital importance. Conducting record reviews on a defined perioperative patient population is expected.
- Works closely with Materials and Supply Chain Management, Finance, Revenue and Charge Master to design and evaluate implementation plans for new and updated clinical information technology.
- Participates in IT upgrade testing for OR database, requests system enhancements as needed and identifies/submits potential database errors to IT.
- Responds promptly to requests from other departments within the operating unit and maintains cooperative relationships with all parties involved. Supports staff using technology in a manner which promotes maintenance of patient safety and confidentiality by participating in staff and team meetings, huddles and other communication venues.
- Reviews self-development plan and professional goals while seeking new knowledge toward the progression of professional goals.
- Maintains a positive attitude and professional demeanor that is supportive of the organization's clinical information infrastructure.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence staff documentation empowerment and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality. Demonstrates technical competency in generation of audit reports that measure overall and individual nurse documentation effectiveness.
- Develops, reviews and revises policies, procedures, standards of practice and protocols for perioperative documentation incorporating a multi-disciplinary approach by utilizing best practices and research findings to ensure compliance with industry and clinical informatics practice guidelines.
- Conducts record reviews on a defined perioperative patient population. Maintains knowledge base of perioperative procedures and reviews charts for completeness, accuracy and pre-bill edit issues.
Proficiency in perioperative nursing documentation required.