Back to Results
Patient Access Associate 1 - Childrens Specialty
Center Personal Health 622044 Full Time 8095 Innovation Park Drive, Fairfax, VA, 22031, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Patient Access Associate 1, you will demonstrate accountability, accuracy and effective communication skills relative to departmental goals. To help achieve our mission, your use of financial counseling and insurance verification skillsets will be essential. Identifying and communicating payer authorizations and referral requirements is required. Determining patient financial responsibility and notifying patients and/or guardians, when necessary, is of vital importance.
- Works independently to complete assignments without close supervision. Improves inefficiencies and minimizes repetitive errors by changing/improving workflow processes. Uses a logical process to identify the cause of problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- Selects an appropriate method of communication for audiences and adjusts communication style when needed.
- Explains insurance benefits and patient liability by using appropriate communication methods/styles.
- Applies knowledge of online payer verification systems to obtain and validate insurance information on a timely and accurate basis.
- Coordinates with other departments to assist or transport patients/visitors requiring special attention/support. Interviews patients to secure and document required medical, financial, demographic and insurance information.
- Educates and assists patients with the completion/submission of applications for alternative sources of payment for healthcare services including medical assistance programs, loans and grants.
- Reports safety hazards/violations and takes appropriate action to protect the environment and guests until help arrives – if necessary.
- Communicates scheduling changes to patients, staff, physicians and patient representatives in a timely and professional manner.
High School Diploma or GED
One year of customer service or one year of experience in a medical setting or associates degree.