Part-Time Registered Nurse - Psychiatry-
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital is seeking a Part-Time, day shift Registered Nurse on the Psychiatry Unit.
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital is a 237-bed hospital offering patients convenience and state-of-the-art care in a community environment. Our hospital sits on 26 acres of beautifully landscaped open space, where patients and team members alike can find moments of serenity in our specially designed gardens.
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital is home to:
- Nationally recognized Inova Joint Replacement Center
- Renowned Inova Rehabilitation Center
- Region’s largest and most experienced Inova Wound Healing Center
- Recently renovated Veatch Family Emergency Department
Additionally, IMVH administers Inova HealthPlex – Lorton, a full-service healthcare facility that combines the latest technology with a comprehensive array of services, including 24-hour emergency department, radiology and laboratory services.
- Behavioral Health unit:
- With the demand for behavioral health services continuing to grow, IMVH will extend our 30-bed behavioral health unit to 50 beds by early 2023.
- The new 20-bed unit is designed with the specific needs of this specialized population in mind. Additionally, the current behavioral health unit will also be upgraded and modernized.
- IMVH behavioral health team received the 2021 Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Experience from Press Ganey. This accolade recognizes organizations ranked in the 95th percentile amongst other healthcare facilities across the nation.
Candidates are eligible to receive up to $20,000 as a competitive sign on bonus. Those relocating from more than 50 miles away will also receive relocation assistance.
*This position is eligible for a Sign On and Relocation bonus for qualified candidates.
As a Registered Nurse, you will provide knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patients, families, nurses and healthcare delivery teams. To help achieve our mission, you will consistently provide safe and therapeutic care in a holistic/systematic way while incorporating differences into the provision of care and conducting all patient care in a patient/family centered manner. Your ability to integrate knowledge, skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education, is of vital importance. Communicating effectively and working cooperatively with others while having respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines is required. Your ability to determine processes for delivery of care from direct patient/family communication, technology and other healthcare team member collaboration is essential.
•A minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting
•Education: BSN or MSN or If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:◦Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
◦Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
◦Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
◦Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
•BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification required
•RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
•Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills required.
For Internal Use Only: IND1 #LI-MA1