The Inova Health System is seeking a self-motivated, high performing Inpatient Registered Dietitian to provide world-class nutrition care and diabetes education to our adult and pediatric inpatient population. Our team at Inova Fairfax Hospital is a high performing clinical nutrition team that enjoys working closely with the interdisciplinary team to ensure optimal patient care and mentoring and training new team members. From placing feeding tubes to managing parenteral nutrition to conducting NFPEs, we love what we do and are looking for a team player who is dedicated to inpatient clinical nutrition to join our team. This role is a full time Monday - Friday position. CDE certification preferred.
- Performs a comprehensive assessment by interpreting multiple, sometimes conflicting, data and synthesizing their interrelationships.
- Formulates an individualized nutrition plan of care based on assessment findings and interpreting trends in patient populations to achieve best practice.
- Anticipates nutritional intervention issues, monitors patient tolerance to nutrition therapy and responds when standards of nutrition care recommend changes.
- Coordinates the nutrition care plan with the physician and other healthcare providers while serving as a resource in the integration of the nutrition care plan into the comprehensive plan of care for the patient.
- Communicates with the healthcare team members, patients and families to maximize patient outcomes.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to increase practice knowledge and incorporate that knowledge into the nutrition plan of care.
- Provides education to physicians, residents, nurses and other healthcare providers to optimize nutrition therapy outcomes.
- Incorporates research findings into nutrition practice standards, develops/revises patient education programs and participates in the development and revision of patient education materials.
- Dietetic Internship or equivalent.
- Zero – one year of recent hospital experience and/or previous clinical nutrition practice experience, two year management.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Registered Dietitian (RD)
Benefits and Perks:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- Retirement: Inova matches dollar for dollar the first 5% of your eligible pay that you contribute to the plan
- Competitive salary: Pay based experience
- Amazing Paid Time Off: Accrue PTO hours on your very first day of work
- Supplemental Plans: Including Auto/Home Insurance discounts, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Additional Benefits: Educational Assistance of up to $5,250/year, Student Loan Refinancing, Adoption Assistance, Child Care Centers, Scholarship Program, Free Parking, Exclusive savings opportunities to in-store events, theme parks, discounts, movie tickets and local offerings and so much more!
See Full List of Benefits Here: 2022 INOVA BENEFITS GUIDE