Back to Results
Pharmacy Clinical Specialist - Ambulatory Pediatrics
Clinic And Schar Cancer 622223 Full Time 8081 Innovation Park Drive, Fairfax, VA, 22031, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Pharmacy Clinical Specialist, you will ensure that safe, appropriate and cost-effective medication therapies are made available for patients according to established policies, procedures and protocols. To help achieve our mission, you will assume staffing responsibilities in the role of a Pharmacist to ensure smooth department operations. Providing education and information on pharmaceutical care and drug therapies to patients and healthcare team members is of vital importance. Supporting quality initiatives through data management/analysis and effective operation of the department through policy development and liaising with members of the medical community is required.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of treatment guidelines, protocols, formulary changes and critical pathways.
- Facilitates the identification, resolution, implementation and communication of cost effective medication use issues in collaboration with the medical staff.
- Supports the Pharmacy's pharmacoeconomic efforts and targeted compliance programs.
- Provides clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners and patients.
- Suggests appropriate and cost effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as needed.
- Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, adverse drug reactions and appropriateness of drug/dose.
- Performs all the functions/duties of the Pharmacist.
- Provides education and information to patients on pharmaceutical care and drug therapy.
- Provides accurate, adequate and timely drug information to the professional staff and contributes to newsletters for physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Provides training and education to Pharmacists regarding pharmaceutical care and Pharmacoeconomics. Supervises and instructs Pharmacists and Pharmacy students.
- Prepares and presents drug reviews, MUE criteria, antibiotic sensitivity reports, adverse drug reaction reports and pharmacy intervention summaries to the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Participates in community educational programs and contributes to the advancement of the profession through presentations at local, state and national meetings.
- Prepares reports on pharmaceutical care and Pharmacoeconomic activities as directed.
- Coordinates the development of policies and procedures for clinical activities such as therapeutic interchanges.
- Participates in the quality improvement activities of the department.
- Collects and analyzes data and maintains documentation of all clinical activities.
- Establishes productive/collaborative relationships with staff members, physicians and other healthcare professionals.
1 Year Clinical Practice
ACLS within 6 Months
VA Pharmacist License active within 3 Months
Ambulatory Pediatrics Background