Registered Nurse Intermediate Care Unit 25
Inova Alexandria Hospital is a 318-bed community hospital that offers a full range of healthcare services and has received national recognition for healthcare excellence. From babies to seniors, Inova Alexandria Hospital Provides World-Class Medical Care. We are dedicated to continually expanding our programs and services to help ensure we meet the healthcare needs of the communities we serve today and in the future.
Why Inova? Follow the link to learn more about us! History of Inova
We honor our RN’S for providing world-class healthcare-every time, every touch- to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve! Follow the link to learn about our Nurse's!
Unit 25/IMCU is an adult 52-bed Neurological/Cardiac Telemetry Unit. Nursing care is provided to medical, neurologic (Acute Stroke, Rule out Stroke, TIA) and cardiac patients in all phases of their disease process including initial diagnosis, treatment, and discharge. Each room is equipped with oxygen outlets, compressed air outlets and vacuum outlets. The patient population is 18 years old and older with a patient/nurse ratio of 4-5 to 1.
Schedule: Full time (36 hr/week) 3- 12 hour shifts. Days or nights available.
Candidates are eligible to receive up to $20,000 as a competitive sign on bonus. Those relocating from more than 50 miles away will also receive relocation assistance.
At least 6 month of RN clinical experience, preferably in a Critical Care setting
Education: BSN or MSN or
If Associates Degree RN - Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
• Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
• Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
• Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
• Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification required.
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN.
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others.
- Proficient computer skills required.