Back to Results
Financial Coord Phys Svcs C
Adult Neurology - Beauregard 622311 Full Time 1500 North Beauregard Street, Alexandria, VA, 22311, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Financial Coordinator of Physician Services C, you will maintain current knowledge of and adhere to payer and regulatory guidelines for medical insurance claims processing and reimbursement. To help achieve our mission, you will support the Physician Services and Patient Registration departments financial goals through patient financial counseling. Your ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with others is required. Understanding and upholding the basic philosophies of the Revenue Cycle, accounts receivable and patient accounts is of vital importance. Utilizing standards, guidelines and written procedures for performing registration functions is expected.
- Identifies/obtains required pre-certifications, authorizations and/or referrals and enters all information into the appropriate registration/billing system.
- Effectively communicates with registration team members, other hospital departments and outside agencies in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identifies payment sources and secures all information required to insure a billable and collectible account while avoiding penalties, denials and/or bad debt write-offs.
- Successfully identifies and acts on opportunities to collect patient payments including, but not limited to, non-covered services, insurance deductibles and insurance co-payments.
- Completes the appropriate due diligence for each account when speaking with patients.
- Completes the appropriate due diligence when attempting to notify, verify and authorize the insurance for each account.
- Performs verification of benefits, either electronically or by telephone, according to department procedures and guidelines.
- Displays appropriate behavior when interacting with patients while striving to represent Inova Health System in a positive manner.