LPN Outpatient - Inova Kellar Center (Sterling)
This is a great opportunity in the outpatient arena for nurses of all experience levels!
About The Kellar Center
Founded in 1991, Inova’s Kellar Center provides behavioral health services for children, adolescents and their families. Our comprehensive and expanding mental health and substance use disorder treatment programs, in addition to an innovative special education school, support families throughout Northern Virginia of all backgrounds.
As an Inova Team Member, our multidisciplinary team of clinical healthcare professionals will support you as you work collaboratively together to maximize clinical effectiveness in our patients while also enhancing your clinical skillsets. Through partnering with our dedicated leadership team, we’re proud to offer a diverse culture of inclusivity, safety and respect. Join our team today!!!
LPN job duties include a combination of direct patient care and non-direct patient care:
• Checking Vitals.
• Triaging Patients.
• Rooming Patients.
• Documentation in EMR (EPIC).
• Prescription Refills and prior authorizations of medications.
• In Basket Management.
• Patient Calls and Education.
• Assisting with Procedures (i.e. Medication administration including diabetic medications; Urine drug screen, Breathalyzer, etc.).
• Audits of Medication room and stocking supplies in medication room.
• Conduct staff trainings for Certified Medication Administrators, Urine drug screen, Breathalyzer, Infection prevention measures PPE training, etc.
• Assist with reports i.e., Quality Control report for Infection Prevention, etc.
• Collaboration with other clinicians, physicians, and laboratories.
What You Need:
- Education: Completion of an accredited LPN school.
- Certifications: BLS Certification (from the American Heart Association).
- Licensure: Eligible for licensing in the commonwealth of Virginia as a LPN.
- Skills: Proficient in English, verbal and written communication skills and computer skills required.