Back to Results
Mental Health Technician 2
Mount Vernon Hospital 622385 Full Time 2501 Parkers Lane, Alexandria, VA, 22306, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Mental Health Technician 2, under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse, you will provide direct care to patients whose care requirements are routine, standardized and with predictable outcomes. To help achieve our mission, you will assume responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning. Maintaining competencies and seeking opportunities to develop professionally is expected. Your ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with others is of vital importance. Demonstrating respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines while serving as a unit preceptor for all new Mental Health Technicians is required.
- Identifies own learning needs based on self-evaluation and the progress made from the previous year's goals.
- Assists unit leadership with oversight of the unit's Mental Health Technician education needs/compliance.
- Stays informed of unit initiatives and participates on unit teams, work groups, A3s and committees.
- Seeks out multidisciplinary care team members as resources to increase practice knowledge.
- Collaborates with the Registered Nurse and healthcare team to advocate for patients' clinical, emotional, ethical, spiritual and cultural needs.
- Provides individualized patient support for activities of daily living (e.g. bathing, feeding, bed making) and measurement of vital signs and intake/output.
- Provides information to patients, families and visitors (e.g. orients patients to the unit/program, explains rationale for rules or restrictions and provides printed information).
- Serves as a resource and unit preceptor for all new Mental Health Technicians. Works with the unit leadership to ensure Mental Health Technicians have current competencies and skills to perform their work.
Minimum TrainingCompletion of a psychiatric technician training program or program that covers current mental health technician skills and/or completion of CNA or Inova Health System Clinical Technician training.