Back to Results
Lab Tech Assistant 1
Central Lab 622396 Full Time 2832 Juniper Street, Fairfax, VA, 22031, USApply
Inova Benefits and Perks:
- Sign-on bonus Eligible for new team members
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- NEW! 4 weeks PAID PARENTAL LEAVE
- Retirement: Inova matches dollar for dollar the first 5% of your eligible pay that you contribute to the plan
- Competitive salary: Pay based experience
- Amazing Paid Time Off: Accrue PTO hours on your very first day of work
- Supplemental Plans: Including Auto/Home Insurance discounts, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Additional Benefits: Educational Assistance of up to $5,250/year, Student Loan Refinancing, Adoption Assistance, Child Care Centers, Scholarship Program, Free Parking, Exclusive savings opportunities to in-store events, theme parks, discounts, movie tickets and local offerings and so much more!
See Full List of Benefits Here: 2022 INOVA BENEFITS GUIDE
Requirements for consideration:
- High School diploma, GED, or documented foreign equivalent.
- 1-year or experience in a clinical laboratory environment or as a phlebotomist highly preferred.
- Medical Lab Assistant certification, Phlebotomy training certificate, Phlebotomy or ASCP certification preferred.
- Adheres to CGMP for processing products, assessing product suitability, component creation, labeling and/or distribution of products. Evaluates specimens for acceptability per policy (i.e. volume, labeling, proper documentation for quality analysis).
- Demonstrates proper techniques to provide excellent standards of care such as proper preparation (site selection, order of draw), proper technique following standard precautions and proper disposal of supplies according to facility policy. Demonstrates knowledge of special procedures (i.e. Bleeding Times, Lactic Acid, Legal Alcohol, Glucose Tolerances, etc).
- Processes referred tests and/or miscellaneous tests per facility policy. Reviews system pending reports (e.g. WCP, WQS, PLR, PTR, etc.) for reference Laboratory tests and resolves problems.
- Prioritizes STATs and routine specimens as they arrive in the Laboratory or on pending lists per facility standard operating procedures and handles workload efficiently.
- Accurately enters patient demographics into HIS/LIS according to written, oral or faxed prescription. Confirms completeness of prescription (i.e. name, signatures).
- Distributes and/or prepares specimens according to special requirements while prioritizing delivery to departments or outsourced Laboratories.
- Participates in annual skills review, written evaluation of personal knowledge and direct observation of technique and process prior to evaluation deadline.
- Handles 24-hour urine container preparation and receipt (i.e. verifies collection technique, total volume and correct preservative as per facility policy).