Nurse Clinical Manager Outpatient Multispecialty Pediatrics
Inova Health System is looking for an experienced Nurse (RN) Clinical Manager for a new Pediatric multispecialty outpatient clinic with up to 50 providers, conveniently located near the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus. This is a unique opportunity to join a team focused on cutting edge pediatric issues to include endocrine, neurosurgery, dev peds, genetics, infectious disease, nephrology, rheumatology, gyn, allergy, psych and more.
Clinic hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
As a Clinical Manager, you will actively participate in clinical performance improvement activities. To help achieve our mission, you will utilize standards, guidelines, policies, procedures, and clinical pathways for delivery of care. Your ability to work collaboratively and maintain active communication with physicians, nurses and other members of the interdisciplinary care team to effect timely and appropriate patient management is required. Collaborating and communicating with interdisciplinary team in all phases of clinical operations, direct patient care, patient education and care coordination is of vital importance. Managing, supervising, and facilitating the development of staff while overseeing the day-to-day tasks/activities in the department is expected.
Successful hire will need to complete CPN within one year.
- Participates in monthly reporting of trends and outcomes that identify patient/client populations at program meetings and management
- Analyzes patient outcomes and program trends through an inter-disciplinary approach.
- Supervises the contact of families, physicians or other healthcare team members in anticipation of specials needs of the patients or families, in a timely manner, to facilitate effective treatment plans as evidenced by observation, chart review and team feedback.
- Develops and implements educational materials and methods in support of team member abilities to document appropriately to the patients' level of understanding and motivation, as evidenced by chart review, observation and team feedback.
- Audits staff demonstrations of patient/family/caregiver education and training as evidenced by observation and documentation
- Demonstrates collaboration in communication with team members and is open to feedback and receptive to change. Provides appropriate instruction and supervision to personnel consistent with program and regulatory requirements.
- Utilizes advanced conflict resolution skills, as necessary, to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Works collaboratively and maintains active communication with physicians, nursing, therapy and other members of the interdisciplinary team to effect timely and appropriate patient management.
- Manages, supervises, and facilitates the development of staff and oversees the day
Education: Bachelor’s degree required: BSN; MSN preferred
Experience: Three years of experience related to the clinical scope.
Minimum one year of direct supervisor/manager/team lead experience (prefer 3 years of leadership experience)
Certifications: Current BLS through AHA
Licensure: Current RN License in Commonwealth of Virginia or compact RN License
Additional skills required:
-Effective writing, speaking, interpersonal and collaboration skills
-Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
-Expert knowledge in clinical guidelines
-Knowledge of other clinical disciplines
For internal use only: IND1 #LI-KA1