Back to Results
Snapcare Physician Rep
System Offices - Telestar 622417 Full Time 2990 Telestart Court, Falls Church, VA, 22042, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Snapcare Physician Representative, you will schedule efficiently and accurately by following established guidelines and applying customer service techniques in all internal/external interactions. To help achieve our mission, you will communicate successfully by using approved scripts and verbally interacting on the phone for up to eight hours. Creating accurate and complete accounts in host system by obtaining and verifying all registration information, including determining if authorization is required, is of vital importance. Your ability to meet and exceed established productivity, quality assurance and Call Center performance standards is essential. Utilizing standards, guidelines and written procedures for performing radiology scheduling functions is required. Demonstrating effective communication and working cooperatively with others while having respect for and an understanding of other disciplines is expected.
- Schedules efficiently and accurately following established guidelines applying customer service techniques in all interactions both internally and externally. Ability to communicate successfully using approved script and verbally interacts on the phone for up to eight hours.
- Obtains medical cases information including diagnosis (es), ICD 9, CPT codes and ordering/referring MD.
- Conduct outbound calls, book appointments and verify insurance from faxes, voicemail, email, follow up lists and other channels.
- Schedules accurately by selecting the correct radiology exam. Complies with guidelines for placing appointments on the EPIC scheduling grid.
- Manages the Patient Follow Up List by calling the patient to explain the physician order and schedule the patient. Manages items that may extend over several days.
- Creates accurate and complete account in host system by obtaining and verifying all registration information including determining if authorization is required.
- Follows name search procedure to ensure positive patient identification and prevent duplicate medical record assignment. Resolves all discrepancies with name, date of birth and/or social security number.
- Obtains/verifies all demographic information with the patient or referring MD office. Selects correct plan code and enters all insurance information to ensure timely and efficient authorization and verification of benefits.
- Reviews insurance eligibility and address verifications received electronically using the appropriate applications established by the department.
- Reviews real-time quality assurance errors using the appropriate applications or policies established by the department.
- Completes accurately and thoroughly the pre-registrations, maintaining accuracy rate in accordance with departmental quality goals, as well as ensuring proper identification checks are adhered to at all times and all documentation guidelines are followed.
- Obtains insurance authorizations, referral, and treatment consults as needed for all scheduled patients prior to receiving services. Coordinates peer to peer reviews as needed between the physician and the insurance company. Obtains diagnosis information and/or CPT code from the physician/office or the outpatient department, as necessary for completing the insurance authorization process.
- Communicates to patient relevant logistical and clinical exam prep instructions, including directions to facility and arrival time.
High School or GED
3 years’ experience in patient scheduling, registration or healthcare billing required.
- Completion of Scheduling/ Registration EPIC training modules
- Minimum typing speed of 30 words per minute
- Critical thinking
- Customer service
- Ability to promotes close/effective working relationship between physicians and SNAPCare staff.
- Proficient with computers, telephones, fax machines and the use of various software applications.
- Able to prioritize and perform work in an organized, efficient, and effective manner without constant supervision and direction.