Quality Specialist I
Job DescriptionThe Quality Specialist I will support the development and implementation of quality assurance for all aspects of Revenue Cycle Management through Patient Access Services (Front-End), Health Information Services (Middle), and Patient Financial Services (Back-End). The Quality Specialist I will be responsible for helping prepare and review quality assurance documents and deliverables. The Quality Specialist I will be responsible for learning all quality assurance review prepared by the team and covering quality assurance reviews when quality specialists are on Time Away. The Quality Specialist I will be responsible for assisting with initiatives related to Epic Go-Lives and will need to be onsite at facilities as projects require. This position will need to lead meetings, prepare agendas, and take notes. This position will manage schedules, arrange assignments, and communicate progress to all team members and people leaders. The Quality Specialist I will use multiple systems to produce deliverables and be familiar with office software (e.g. MS Office), including word processors, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Responsible for preparing quality assurance documents, training documents, workflows, standard work, and visual media for the team.
- Provides support for the development, implementation, and documentation of quality assurance.
- Attends and participates onsite to support program areas as needed.
- Collaborates with team members for process improvement suggestions.
- Informs and consults with team members, people leaders, and stakeholders about potential barriers that impact team results.
- Ensures assigned projects and workqueues are completed in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Associate's degree OR High School Diploma/GED and an additional four years of experience.
Experience: One year experience in revenue cycle, quality assurance, finance, customer service, data analytics, system analytics, information technology, hospital billing, or physician billing.