Mgr Outpatient Practice Sr
Job DescriptionAs a Senior Manager of Outpatient Practice, you will integrate the principles and philosophies of patient care delivery systems into practice. To help achieve our mission, you will create an environment in which staff learning is supported and stimulated. Your ability to manage and retain staff with a commitment to excellence, a qualified workforce, rounding, effective communication, staff development and rewards/recognition is of vital importance. Demonstrating excellent communication, interpersonal, facilitation and team building skills in order to build a world-class team is required. Taking ownership for ensuring a safe, efficient and therapeutic environment for patients, visitors and staff is expected.
- Provides consultation to outlying hospitals or clinics through the UWHC Regional Affairs and Nursing Consultation Center programs.
- Acts as a consultant and clinical resource to clinic staff through the provision of patient care and coordination of care.
- Supports patient advocacy and patients' Bill of Rights while developing, maintaining and evaluating patient care standards for the clinics.
- Enforces adherence to Inova Health System's policies/procedures while developing and facilitating a working environment that encourages professional autonomous nursing practice and participation by staff in decisions influencing patient care.
- Ensures that quality monitoring occurs in clinics and that findings are used to improve practice and reduce potential for patient complications. Develops/designs a multidisciplinary quality improvement program for each clinical area.
- Assists faculty and other healthcare educators in familiarizing post graduate medical residents and other students in understanding the economic and administrative issues relevant to practice areas.
- Serves as a Liaison with the medical staff to identify issues of mutual concern, solve problems, review staffing plans and ensure effective clinic operations.
- Develops and implements an ongoing process for problem solving that includes input from physicians, Imaging and Inova leadership.
Bachelor's Degree or five years of management experience. (Meeting management minimum requirement plus additional two years of experience in an ambulatory/practice setting will satisfy the education requirement.)
Bachelor's Degree OR three years of management experience preferred.
Teamwork, communication, initiative, customer service and quality improvement skills. Communication.