Histology Technician 3 - Clinical Liaison
Inova Laboratories is seeking a Full-time Histology Technician 3 to serve as the Clinical Liaison for the Inova Histology Program.
Inova Benefits and Perks:
• Sign-on eligible for new Team Members
• Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
• Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
• NEW! 4 weeks PAID PARENTAL LEAVE
• Retirement: Inova matches dollar for dollar the first 5% of your eligible pay that you contribute to the plan
• Competitive salary: Pay based experience
• Amazing Paid Time Off: Accrue PTO hours on your very first day of work
• Supplemental Plans: Including Auto/Home Insurance discounts, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
• Additional Benefits: Educational Assistance of up to $5,250/year, Student Loan Refinancing, Adoption Assistance, Child Care Centers, Scholarship Program, Free Parking, Exclusive savings opportunities to in-store events, theme parks, discounts, movie tickets and local offerings and so much more!
Requirements for consideration
- Four (4) years of histology experience.
Years of Experience:
- Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Histotechnician program within the last five years prior to the date of application for examination.
- 60 semester hours or equivalent from an accredited institution that, at a minimum, includes either 24 semester hours of medical laboratory technology courses, or 24 semester hours of science courses that include six semester hours of chemistry, six semester hours of biology and 12 semester hours of chemistry, biology or medical laboratory technology in any combination and N/AACLS accredited histology program.
Certification Upon Start:
HT (ASCP) or successful certification after six months of promotion. Requires ASCP HT or HTL.
- Demonstrating knowledge of the program discipline
- Coordinate clinical instruction at the site
- Serves as an educational resource for the students
- Maintain effective communication with the program director or designee
- In collaboration with the Program Director or designee, assists to maintain all components of the program necessary to achieve and maintain compliance with NAACLS and the State Council of Higher Education of Virginia.
- Participates in activities necessary to maintain program accreditation from NAACLS.
- Participates in professional growth opportunities to enhance personal, team, and department development.
- Trains and mentors students and department staff.
- Stays informed, attends department meetings, current with department communications.
- Positively resolves and communicates problems to direct supervisor, using appropriately developed channels of communication.
- Performs all functions associated with the daily processing of patient specimens, including tissue processing, embedding, microtomy, routine and special staining, and quality control.
- Follows site-specific standard operating procedures, manuals, and instructions.
- Maintain, operate, and document equipment performance.
- Perform initial assessment of equipment problems, and advise manager of appropriate next steps.
- Under the direction of the Program Director, Department Manager or Designee, performs additional duties as required and assigned.