Back to Results
Loudoun Hospital 622614 Full Time 44045 Riverside Parkway, Leesburg, VA, 20176, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) – Emergency Department, you will provide basic therapeutic nursing care according to established standards of practice under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN). To help achieve our mission, you will provide care to patients whose care requirements are routine/standardized and with predictable outcomes. Assisting the RN and healthcare team to achieve desired patient outcomes is of vital importance. Communicating effectively and working cooperatively with others while showing respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines is expected. Demonstrating knowledge of quality improvement initiatives and participating in performance improvement activities is required.
- Provides direct patient care utilizing the nursing process under the direction and supervision of the RN
- Collaborates with the Registered Nurse on the execution of patient plans.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of unit-based quality improvement initiatives.
- Collaborates with the Registered Nurse and healthcare team to advocate for the clinical, emotional, ethical, spiritual and cultural needs of patients.
- Documents all patient care activities, as per documentation standards, and assists healthcare team members with documentation.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others.
- Keeps informed of unit initiatives and incorporates outcomes of team/committee work into practice.
- Delegates appropriate patient care activities to clinical technicians or emergency medical technicians.
- Reports changes in patient condition to the Registered Nurse, physician and appropriate healthcare team members in a timely manner.
- Administers prescribed medications, therapies and treatments following practical nursing standards and under the direct supervision of the registered nurse.
- Assists with patient education and discharge planning under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Evaluates and maintains the patient care environment to promote safety.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Demonstrates correct stabilization and immobilization of spine and proper fitting of splints for extremities. Demonstrates ability to collect neurovascular. status data after splint application and ensures provider checks splint prior to discharge
- Collects patient specimens following department/facility policies and procedures. Assists with collecting, labeling and transporting irretrievable specimens.
- Maintains inventory of equipment and supplies to optimize delivery of patient care and treatment. Coordinates with materials management to ensure appropriate stock and minimize outdated stock.
- Obtains 12 lead ECG per MD order. Provides ECG to MD for review immediately upon completion.
- Monitors and reports patients' progress towards expected outcomes and deviations to Registered Nurse.
- Provides wound care according to department clinical practice standards and acts as a resource to physicians and nurses to provide patients with optimum care.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Need:
- Education: Graduate of an accredited LPN school.
- Certifications: BLS Certification (from the American Heart Association)
- Licensure: Eligible for licensing in the commonwealth of Virginia as a LPN
- Skills: Proficient in English, verbal and written communication skills and computer skills required.