EPIC Cert Systems Analyst
Job DescriptionAs an Epic Certified Systems Analyst on the Epic Resolute team, you will maintain and implement EpicCare systems and databases to ensure optimum performance of automated systems. To help achieve our mission, you will manage Information System projects/products in order to provide automated solutions that meet Inova Health System's business needs using the EpicCare system. Your ability to communicate project and team status to internal/external audiences to keep project team informed is of vital importance. Maintaining Epic applications while facilitating updates, new releases and system enhancements is expected. Participating in system technical and application reviews to determine feasibility, cost and evaluate usefulness for Inova is required.
- Follows through on issues for resolution and escalates/communicates status to manager on a daily basis.
- Analyzes Information Systems processes and stays up to date on current programming tools/methodologies.
- Participates in ongoing maintenance of major systems while following all Change Management procedures.
- Analyzes business operations as they relate to build decisions. Ensures that data coming across an interface into an Epic application meets business needs.
- Participates in all phases of review and testing of new Epic application releases.
- Determines new procedures for maximizing the benefits achieved through the use of automated systems.
- Assists in conducting system investigations to determine general feasibility, cost and alternative system solutions as well as potential system enhancements.
- Serves as an applications support contact, as needed, to troubleshoot problems while incorporating end users preferences, desired reports and collecting other relative information to optimize the Epic experience.
1+ years of experience in systems analysis/design, database concepts, cost/benefit analysis, applications and programming.
3-5 years’ experience in systems analysis and design, database concepts, and cost/benefit analysis. Epic classes beyond certification required.
Epic Certification/ Proficiency in applicable sub system required or attained within 6 months of hire into the position.
Associate degree – Information Technology or an additional 3 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree. Associate degree or equivalent work experience.
Epic. Verbal/written communication skills and computer skills (Microsoft Office) required.