Certified Nurse Midwife- Willow Oaks
Inova Health System is expanding our Women’s Health services and we are seeking an outstanding Certified Nurse Midwife to join us at Inova. This versatile position includes working both in an OB/GYN office setting providing exceptional reproductive health care to women and in the hospital managing labor, performing OB deliveries and rounding on patients. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Registered Nurse who has completed a certified Masters Degree Program in Midwifery and has successfully passed the National Midwifery Certification Exam. This candidate will also be a great team player. In your role as a Certified Nurse Midwife, you will be working in a collaborative practice setting building your own patient base while working with Inova employed OB/GYN physicians. This position will also include on-call hospital shifts.
Inova Women’s Services has one of the largest obstetric programs in the metropolitan Washington, D.C., area with more than 10,000 births at Inova Women’s Hospital and a total of more than 20,000 across the entire Inova system. Philanthropy supports our physicians, nurses and staff who are experts in high-risk or complicated pregnancies, including treating women with pre-existing conditions and those carrying multiple infants. Inova’s Obstetrics and Gynecology program is currently ranked #10 in the nation by US News & World Report. We have dedicated operating rooms as well as recovery facilities, and have access to the latest clinical trials and state of the art technology.
- Current Nurse Midwifery Certification
- Hold or able to obtain a Virginia Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) License
- Hospital employed position
- Competitive guaranteed salary and incentive component
- Full benefits, including, health, dental, vision and life
- Annual CME support
- Licensure and DEA reimbursement
Inova Women’s Program Highlights:
- Newly created collaborative Certified Midwifery Program
- 24/7 Coverage of Obstetric Emergency Department
- 24/7 Anesthesia Support
- Collaborative support with multiple OB/GYN teams
About Inova Fairfax Medical Campus:
- 923 beds total and approximately 225 beds within Inova Women’s
- US News 2022 ranked #1 Hospital in DC and Virginia
- Inova Fairfax Hospital is ranked #6 in the nation for Gynecology by U.S. News & World Report.
- Only Level I Trauma Center in Northern Virginia- Inova Fairfax Hospital Emergency Department receives about 88,000 patients each year.
- 13 bed OB Emergency Department/OB Triage receives on average 900 patients per month
- Level 4 NICU
- "A" from The Leapfrog Group's Hospital Safety Grade
- Diverse Patient Population
- Proximity to Washington DC (Large Metropolitan Area)
- Top 50 Hospitals In the US for Neonatology