Pediatric Cardiac Intensivist
Pediatric Cardiac Intensivist
Inova L.J. Murphy Children’s Hospital is seeking a 7th Pediatric Cardiac Intensivist to join their subgroup in the Pediatric Critical Care Division (14 total) in Falls Church, VA. The position will report to the Medical Director of Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care with the primary responsibility of caring for patients on the CICU service. Scholarly work in clinical research and medical education are highly desirable with opportunity for faculty appointment within the regional campus for the University of Virginia School of Medicine.
The Pediatric Cardiac ICU includes 8 dedicated beds (with an additional 8 flex beds) within a 26 bed PICU and separate contiguous 22-bed monitored Pediatric Subspecialty Care Unit. It is staffed 24/7/365 by 7 advanced practice providers, six attending cardiac intensivists, dedicated pediatric respiratory therapists, and the full complement of other pediatric allied health professionals. Neonatal/Pediatric ECLS is available 24/7 in the CICU as part of a large (>100 cases/year) combined Neonatal/Pediatric/Adult ECLS Service. The full range of invasive (HFOV, CVVHD, NO, TEE, cardiac catheterization, invasive EP, etc) and noninvasive (POC ultrasound, cardiac echocardiography, etc) diagnostics and therapeutics are available for patients in the CICU (excluding Berlin Heart).
About Inova L.J. Murphy Children’s Hospital:
Recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation’s best hospitals for Cardiology and Heart Surgery, the Congenital Heart Program at Inova L.J. Murphy Children’s Hospital has been caring for the children of Northern Virginia and the Greater Washington Region for more than 25 years. Each year, the program is responsible for more than 550 procedures including ~200 cardiac surgeries. The program provides surgical repair of the most complex congenital heart defects, including hypoplastic left heart syndrome. In addition to providing care for children with complex congenital anomalies, the program is able to provide a lifetime of care as part of the Adult Congenital Program in the Inova Heart and Vascular Institute. Inova L.J. Murphy Children’s Hospital consistently meets or exceeds national benchmarks in surgical survival, surgical site infections, hospital acquired infections, ventilation days, length of stay, etc.
The Inova L.J. Murphy Children's Hospital is the only dedicated children’s hospital in Northern Virginia. The hospital provides a welcoming environment that offers the latest in technical innovation in kid-friendly spaces, including:
- 226-beds with all private rooms
- 108-bed, level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) with private and semiprivate rooms
- 8-bed Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) in a 26-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), with four rooms designated for extra corporeal life support or bedside cardiac surgical procedures.
- 22-bed patient monitored Pediatric Subspecialty Care Unit
- 48-bed Medical/Surgical Unit, with in-unit Epilepsy Monitoring Unit
- 22-bed Hematology/Oncology Unit with positive-pressure ventilated, protective-care environment
- Board Certified/Eligible in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Board certified/eligible in Pediatric Cardiology (preferred), a certificate in Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care (1-year post fellowship training), or Pediatric Anesthesiology
- Maintains PALS certification
- Experience with pediatric ECLS