Diagnostic Imaging Technical Specialist
As a full-time (4-10’s evening and or overnight; Rotating between IECC Fairfax / Reston and the IFMC) Diagnostic Imaging Technical Specialist at Inova Fairfax, you will provide clinical services according to practice standards. Be the ONE to take the next step in your career - excel in a Exercise Physiologist role at Inova. Ask your Recruiter for the full job description!
**** Offering up to a $10K sign on bonus for those eligible ****
WHAT’S YOUR VISION OF THE PERFECT WORK ENVIRONMENT?
You’ll find it at Inova.
Company Benefits and Perks:
At Inova, we strive to improve the health of the communities we serve, and that includes taking care of our team members, who help us fulfill our mission every day. That’s why we offer affordable, comprehensive benefits coverage for you and your family.
As a member of the Inova team, we encourage you to tailor your benefits to suit your needs. Join us and see how easy Inova makes it for you to perform at your very best at work, and live life to the fullest when you're done for the day.
- Dental, Vision, Medical Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Spending Accounts
- Student Loan Refinancing
- Additional Benefits
- Retirement Benefits
- Educational Assistance
- Bright Horizons Back-Up Child Care
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Work schedule: 4-10’s evening and or overnight
- Location: Rotating between IECC Fairfax / Reston and the IFMC
- Education: Graduate of accredited school/program of radiography
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year of Imaging experience as a Rad tech in a hospital/healthcare environment; Must be able to perform in 2 or more modalities with at least even amount of time spent rotating in each annually based on the needs of the OU.
- Certification: ARRT - RT registered with CT preferably, but willing to cross train in CT. Must obtain advanced certification in applicable modality within 1 year of training; BLS
A day in the life of a Diagnostic Imaging Technical Specialist can look like:
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of Imaging principles, theory, anatomy and pathology processes while utilizing the most appropriate techniques and/or positioning for optimal examinations, as demonstrated by exam results.
- Communicates effectively with patients to obtain clinical history/informed consent from patients, or patients' charts, to assist the physician in optimizing the performance and interpretation of the examination, as evidenced by the exam results.
- Demonstrates the effective use of radiation protection procedures with collimation devices and protective shielding, as evidenced by incidence reports.
- Maintains an orderly, safe and clean environment. Ensures rooms are stocked with appropriate supplies for procedures.
- Performs and documents routine quality control testing of equipment. Performs/recognizes the need for routine maintenance of imagers/processors to maintain consistent quality images, as evidenced by the physician and exam results.
- Assists in the development, review and implementation of policies/procedures, as evidenced by compliance.
- Exhibits excellent communication skills that are clear and concise.
- Demonstrates creativity in section operation skills, decision making skills and contingency planning preparation, as evidence by effective problem resolution.