Emergency Medical Technician- Adult Emergency Department
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Safety Always: Learn how we keep our team members and patients Safe@Inova.
Emergency Medical Technician in the Adult Emergency Department at the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
The Emergency Medical Technician provides cardiac monitoring and testing. Applies orthopedic splinting devices. Collects patient specimens following department and facility policies and procedures. Provides wound care according to department clinical practice standards and acts as a resource to physicians and nurses to provide patients with optimum care. Maintains inventory of equipment and supplies to optimize delivery of patient care and treatment. Assists with patient transport for testing, admission/discharge, interfacility, and aeromedical (per Policy of Operating Unit).
Shift: 12 Hour Day
Schedule: Days Vary
Training: Ideal candidate must be able to attend 6 week training
Our commitment to keeping patients safe, means there’s no safer place for you to work. We safeguard our patients, by safeguarding our team members.
• Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
• Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
• Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
• Inova operates curbside Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
• All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
- Experience: EMT related experience preferred
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Certification: BLS and EMT-B; must either be active on the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) or possess a current Virginia EMT License/Certification
- Training: Candidate must be able to attend six week training orientation upon hire.
- Special Skills: Able to read, write, speak and understand English. Computer skills.