Job DescriptionAs a Buyer, you will act as a steward to Supply Chain data and provide procurement feedback/guidance to internal and external Supply Chain customers. To help achieve our mission, you will maintain accurate and timely processing of all purchase order transactions through the Materials Management Information System and Purchasing Card System to ensure the timely receipt, payment and accrual of financial commitments. Managing the master list of all Inova Health System Materials Management contracts is required. Your ability to perform effective procurement transaction and communication management through various information systems, reports and methods is of vital importance. Providing accurate and timely reports to assist clinical and non-clinical departments with decision support information is expected.
- Identifies and adds items relative to the Item Master to reduce off-catalog purchasing.
- Assists end users in researching and purchasing best value products and services to ensure the proper needs and goals of the organization are met.
- Identifies any new vendors that need to be added to the vendor databases or specific products which need to be added to the Materials Management Information System while coordinating and obtaining the information required.
- Conducts monthly reconciliation of specific vendors for Accounts Payable and manages contracts as assigned.
- Determines what contracts need to be set up in the Materials Management Information System and maps those contracts to the correct facility/locations.
- Manages accrual (RNI) report on a weekly basis and reports on progress and issues on a bi-weekly basis according to departmental procedures.
- Assists departments (internal Supply Chain or external departments) with ad-hoc requests for information and guidance related to Supply Chain needs.
- Serves as an expert resource to other end user on e-Commerce. Uses the various available technologies to provide end-users with information regarding products, pricing and usage information.
Bachelor’s degree or HS Diploma/GED and equivalent experience.
2 years of buying or procurement experience
-Effective verbal and written communication skills
-Negotiation and presentation skills