Endo Tech 1
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is looking for an Endo Technician in part-time capacity to work in our fast paced Gastroenterology Lab. Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply today!
Performs and/or provides assistance to the physician and procedural team that reflect an awareness of anatomy, necessary principles, skills, supplies, and adequate knowledge base. The Endo Tech will prepare and maintain the medical facility's instruments, equipment, and sterile environments necessary for procedures.
- Assists the circulating nurse in implementing the perioperative plan of care to include: patient positioning, updating physician preference cards, care of endoscopic specimens, and room turnover.
- Identifies factors relative to the patient's age and developmental stage that must be considered during the surgical procedure.
- Assists with pulling cases and checks case carts for completeness. Obtains supplies and equipment and determines them to be in good working order before a case begins.
- Prepares the endoscopy room by opening supplies, instruments, and devices based on scheduled procedure and physician preference card.
- Exercises care in the operation and use of instruments/equipment/and reports/follow the appropriate procedure for broken items.
- Follows OSHA and hospital infection control policies at all times.
- Maintains continuing education by complying with mandatory re-orientation yearly and keeps educational profile up to date.
- Demonstrates a willingness to critique their practice and pursues improvement opportunities.
- Takes corrective action when any unsafe practice, conditions, or breaks in aseptic technique occur and report information to the circulating nurse.
- Demonstrates understanding of scope mechanics and scope reprocessing to include High Level Disinfection.
- Assists with the flow of daily operations by readily accepting assignments/reassignments.
Shift/Schedule: Part-time (7.15am - 5.45pm)
- Education: High School graduate or GED
- Certification: Current BLS
- Special Skills: Demonstrated the ability to provide excellent patient experience and understanding of patients' needs.
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Inova’s five hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.
Inova is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,936 licensed beds. More information and statistics about Inova can be found at www.inova.org.
Safety Always: Learn how we keep our team members and patients Safe@Inova.