Clinical Logistics Coordinator
As a Clinical Logistics Coordinator at Inova Fairfax Medical Center Weekend Premium, you will provide direction and guidance to healthcare providers for the achievement of optimal patient flow throughout the high volume Trauma Level 1 multi-hospital facility. To help achieve our mission, you will facilitate the process of bed placements for patients in Medical, Surgical, Critical Care, Telemetry as well as Women and Children's Services.by using excellent clinical, organization and interpersonal skills. Your ability to utilize standards, guidelines and pathways for patient throughput is required. Incorporating data and information to continuously improve patient flow and to enhance patient outcomes is required.
Shift: Night shift (7p-7am)
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to move patients along the continuum of care while promoting positive outcomes related to patient bed placement.
- Obtains information on patient admissions from ED, PACU, direct admissions and transfers from other facilities while determining appropriateness of admission.
- Identifies barriers to timely discharge and works with managers and administration to resolve quickly. Escalates to departments for prioritizing testing and procedures.
- Facilitates daily patient flow meetings, leads efforts to problem solve during high census periods and helps develop action plans.
- Collaborates and directs Patient Flow Coordinators effectively in prioritizing appropriate bed placement of all patient types upon notification of admission or transfer.
- Monitors EPIC Bed Management at all times and proactively uses information to plan bed availability based on current census, OR cases, discharges and historical data.
- Orients new staff to patient flow initiatives, demand capacity flow and creates awareness of the importance of patient flow within the organization.
- Maintains awareness of staffing levels in key departments that may impact patient flow such as EVS, transport and nursing. Flexible and works together as a team to cover schedule 24/7.
- Other duties as assigned.
4-5 years clinical nursing experience in an acute care setting. Prefer: 6 or more years in Nursing in an Acute Care setting.
Critical care and/or case management experience preferred.
BSN with valid RN License, BLS, and ACLS
Strong and effective Leadership Skills, Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with all levels of employees. Effective communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment while staying customer focused and juggling multiple, competing priorities. Proficiency in computer applications, and skilled in data analysis and customer service.