Registered Nurse Emergency
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital is looking for an experienced ED RN. Full Time, Mid Shift (3 pm to 3 am)
Why Inova? Follow the link to learn more about us! About Inova
We honor our Nurses for providing world-class healthcare-every time, every touch- to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve! Follow the link to learn about our Nurses!
***Sign on Bonus available***
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital has again been awarded a grade of "A" for hospital safety by The Leapfrog Group. We have earned this important recognition every year since 2014.
The Leapfrog Group is a Washington D.C-based organization aiming to improve health care quality and safety for consumers and purchasers. Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade uses 27 measures of publicly available hospital safety data to assign grades to approximately 2,500 U.S. hospitals twice per year. It is peer reviewed, fully transparent and free to the public.
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital Veatch Family Emergency Department is a state-of-the-art facility featuring 35 all-private treatment rooms, new “fast track” rooms to treat less serious injuries, improved ambulance access, new cardiac emergency rooms and a specialized pediatric treatment area among its many amenities.
As an Inova Nurse you will:
- Provide knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team.
- Conduct all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner.
- Use an integrated approach toward patient outcomes
- Utilize standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery.
*Requirements : Requires a minimum of six months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting.
- BSN or AD Required. If RN has an Associates Degree, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
- Complete BSN within 24 months of start date RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as an RN.
- BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required CEN/ACLS certification desired. Proficient in English.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others. Proficient computer skills required.