Executive Assistant 2 - VP of Nursing, Behavioral Health IMVH
Senior leaders often need focused assistance with daily tasks and communication. For Inova, the Executive Assistant 2 manages a variety of duties while serving as the point of contact between their Executives (Our VP of Nursing, Behavioral Health IMVH, Chief Medical Officer IMVH, & Growth Officer IMVH) and other employees. The position demands great communication skills, flexibility, proactive logistics, and efficiency, with demands and expectations prone to changing on a day-to-day basis.
As an Executive Assistant 2, you will compile and maintain data/documentation to ensure availability of complete, accurate and current information. To help achieve our mission, you will compose, review and prepare correspondences/presentations accurately and in a timely manner. Your ability to maintain calendars and coordinate meetings to ensure the most efficient and effective use of the time is of vital importance. Performing a variety of administrative activities to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the office is expected. Please ask the Recruiter for the full job description!
To become an effective Executive Assistant, candidates should demonstrate particular skills. Here are some common required responsibilities:
- Organizes and tabulates data, often of a highly confidential nature, and maintains routine and/or specialized databases using Excel, Access or other specialized database applications.
- Organizes and expedites the flow of work through the office/department.
- Possesses broad knowledge of overall corporate operations.
- Assists in the preparation for executive meetings.
- Designs, formats and showcases presentations/documents by using intermediate/advanced features of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point). Responds to mail, faxes and email accordingly.
- Coordinates internal/external meeting arrangements by including invitation/registration process, facilities, catering/logistics as well as travel and hotel arrangements as needed.
- Serves as gatekeeper by screening visitors/calls, responding to inquiries or referring them to other team members, scheduling meetings/calls and following up.
- Possesses a knowledge of the functional area and system-wide impact of that function as well as major system issues with which executive is involved.
- Reporting to: VP of Nursing, Behavioral Health IMVH, Chief Medical Officer IMVH, & Growth Officer IMVH
- Schedule: On-Site, regular business hours with flexibility around Executives' schedules
- Education: Associates Degree or High School diploma and at least another two years of relevant office experience.
- Experience: Five years of relevant office experience including two years of reporting to an executive
- Other: MS Office Suite. Exemplary interpersonal skills, discretion, mature demeanor, professional presence, calendar management, comfortable with Teams, and someone who will hit the ground running!
WHAT’S YOUR VISION OF THE PERFECT WORK ENVIRONMENT?
You’ll find it at Inova.
Company Benefits and Perks:
At Inova, we strive to improve the health of the communities we serve, and that includes taking care of our team members, who help us fulfill our mission every day. That’s why we offer affordable, comprehensive benefits coverage for you and your family.
As a member of the Inova team, we encourage you to tailor your benefits to suit your needs. Join us and see how easy Inova makes it for you to perform at your very best at work, and live life to the fullest when you're done for the day.
- Dental, Vision, Medical Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Spending Accounts
- Student Loan Refinancing
- Additional Benefits
- Retirement Benefits
- Educational Assistance
- Bright Horizons Back-Up Child Care
- Life and Disability Insurance
Learn more about Inova Health System!