Surgical Technologist 2 Mount Vernon OR
We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Surgical Technologist 2 for our Operating Room Unit who wants to work in a fast-paced environment which fosters world-class healthcare every time, every touch while providing positive patient outcomes through a collaborative practice model. This position is full time, day shift. This position is eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus and relocation assistance.
The Inova Mount Vernon Operating Room consists of 8 ORs that serves the communities of Orthopedics- Total Joints, Ankles and Shoulders, Sports Medicine; Podiatry; General- Laparoscopic and Open; Urology; Plastics and ENT. Case volumes average 20 cases per day. The OR functions 24/7 with the support of call teams on off-shifts and holidays. It is a fast-paced environment that focuses on strong teamwork and patient safety.
The Surgical Technologist 2 demonstrates advanced knowledge and practice in the role of the first scrub. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of aseptic and surgical technique. Demonstrates responsible behavior as a healthcare professional. Identifies variances from expected outcomes and responds to changes in patient needs.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of anatomy and is able to anticipate the required instrumentation for each step of a surgical procedure.
- Expedites the operative procedure by anticipating the needs of the surgeon.
- Keeps the circulating nurse informed of upcoming patient care needs.
- Demonstrates collaboration with other team members in planning/giving patient care.
- Serves as a resource in at least 2 specialty areas/procedures.
- Performs in preceptor role for new & experienced staff in the scrub role.
- Provides working knowledge of powered instrumentation, video equipment, microscopes, and complex instrumentation, equipment.
- Assists in the evaluation of new products and equipment.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED. Preferred: Completion of an accredited Surgical Technologist program.
- Experience: 1 year of previous experience as a Surgical Technologist or Surgical Technician.
- Certification: BLS via AHA required; Must be eligible for Surgical Technologist registration via Commonwealth of Virginia at time of hire. Registration must be completed within 6 months of hire. VA DHP Surgical Technologist Preferred: Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) via NBSTSA or Tech in Surgery – Certified (TS-C) via NCCT
- Other skills: Verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to deal with multiple tasks in a rapidly changing environment. Ability to deal with multiple tasks in a rapidly changing environment.