Outpatient Lactation Consultant PRN
We are seeking an Outpatient Lactation Consultant to work PRN.
Provides comprehensive breastfeeding support to families in outpatient clinic setting.
Schedule: this is a PRN position and hours will be as needed
The Outpatient Lactation Consultant aims to make the breastfeeding journey as successful as possible for both mother and baby. Our program combines expert clinical experience with dedicated, personalized care to allow each mother to find the best version of breastfeeding success for herself and her baby. To meet the needs of the region's children and provide seamless, high quality, comprehensive pediatric care close to home for the children and families of Northern Virginia, the Outpatient Lactation Consultant will serve in a vital role on the Inova Children's Breastfeeding Medicine Team.
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Inova’s five hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.
Inova is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,936 licensed beds. More information and statistics about Inova can be found at www.inova.org.
The Inova Outpatient Lactation Consultant:
- Provides comprehensive breastfeeding support to families in outpatient clinic setting.
- Evaluates maternal history, patient medical and clinical information, and assesses patient/parent needs to develop and implement the most appropriate lactation plan of care.
- Applies scientific knowledge to the process of diagnosis and treatment.
- Instructs patients and caregivers on lactation plan.
- Works in collaboration with Medical Director, assisting in the coordination of patient care services for their areas of responsibility.
- Supports additional projects and duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Nutrition, or related field
- Experience: two years of lactation experience
- Certification: International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) Certification required
- Licensure: RN current licensure to practice as Registered Nurse by VA Board of Nurse Examiners or Registered Dietician
For internal use only: IND1 #LI-CR1