Manager, Emergency Trauma Services
Inova Alexandria Hospital is a 318-bed community hospital that offers a full range of healthcare services and has received national recognition for healthcare excellence. From babies to seniors, Inova Alexandria Hospital Provides World-Class Medical Care. We are dedicated to continually expanding our programs and services to help ensure we meet the healthcare needs of the communities we serve today and in the future.
•24-hour access to imaging and lab services for a faster diagnosis
•Joint Commission accredited Stroke Center featuring a dedicated stroke team
•Inova Alexandria Hospital awarded "A" from The Leapfrog Group’s Fall 2018 Hospital Safety Grade.
•National Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence
Inova’s mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve.
Inova is the only health system in the country where all 5 hospitals received five-star rankings from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; they are the only hospitals in the Washington, DC region to have earned the highest rating from the federal agency. Inova is home to prominent clinicians and scientists, who drive innovation to improve patient care, prevent disease and promote wellness.
As a Manager of Trauma Services, in collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director, you will exhibit excellent administrative and leadership skills in the coordination and management of the Trauma program. To help achieve our mission, you will collaborate with the Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Practice Specialists and other healthcare professionals to provide clinical and system oversight for the care of injured patients by ensuring efficient and quality care. Your ability to support Trauma education, in collaboration with the Clinical Trauma team, to provide educational opportunities for internal/external caregivers and the general public is of vital importance. Providing operational and administrative support for Trauma injury prevention programs in collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director is required. Your ability to develop and monitor the Trauma Performance Improvement program for the Level III Trauma Center, in conjunction with the Trauma Medical Director and the Trauma Quality Coordinator, is expected.
- Ensures institutional compliance with all state requirements to maintain Level III status and to meet other regulatory/governmental standards of care.
- Supports statewide Trauma triage guidelines and regional Trauma committee efforts to provide optimal care for injured patients in a Level III Trauma Center.
- Works collaboratively with the clinical directors, educators and staff to coordinate performance improvement efforts related to the Trauma population. Collaborates with hospital or Trauma Quality Coordinator in reporting peer review results and in resolving Performance Improvement issues on the operational unit level.
- Supports the development and provision of ATLS, TNCC and other Trauma related courses and certifications to enhance the knowledge of caregivers across the continuum.
- Coordinates and facilitates the development, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of a comprehensive education program to address care of Trauma patients from the injury to rehabilitation.
- Oversees the development and implementation of effective community based injury prevention programs. Maintain an efficient operational structure within Trauma Services to support injury prevention efforts.
- Manages the Trauma Services department staff through effective communication, allocation of resources, establishment/assessment of performance goals and the provision of educational opportunities for ongoing development.
- Supports the Trauma system on the regional and state level through participation on the Trauma Systems Oversight and Management Committee, the State of Virginia Trauma Coordinator Council and participation in legislative initiatives focused on the Trauma system.
• Requires a minimum of 3 years of clinical experience to include 1 year of nursing management experience.
• BSN Required
• Must be RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as an Registered Nurse.
• BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required. ACLS required.
• Trauma Nurse Core Course
• Proficient in English. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others
• Proficient computer skills required.