Cash Specialist 3
Job DescriptionAs a Cash Specialist 3, you will ensure that Access data base reports and rejection reports are worked timely and fulfilled. To help achieve our mission, you will ensure the appropriate and timely write-off of all account adjustment requests. Your ability to handle non-payment EOB's and denial requests is required. Taking ownership of the timely and accurate posting of patient and insurance payments, insurance write-offs, charge adjustments, deductibles, copay's, and non-covered or denied amounts is of vital importance.
- Reviews EOB and patient payments to determine any possible over payments made by payer and/or patient. Ensures that all payments, EFT and ACH transactions are posted the day they are received and posted via the appropriate medium (paper/electronic) and with all required adjustments.
- Provides resolution for problem accounts (purged, unidentified etc.) within allowable time frames, as defined for appropriate deficiency, and/or provides appropriate account follow up based on established protocol.
- Maintains knowledge of all payer requirements, 835 and EOB standards, system (hospital, clearinghouse and payer) functionality and hospital policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in monthly staff meetings. Take ownership of timely and accurate bank lockbox processing, balancing and reconciliation.
- Troubleshoots banking encoding and deposit errors while ensuring that the deposits are reprocessed or fixed on a timely basis. Ensures that issues are recorded and communicated with the bank.
- Coordinates with the Accounting department on financial discrepancies, non-patient revenue issues and month-end close requirements.
- Completes, verifies and distributes all cash logs to support the production of the CFO reports.
- Reviews, corrects and advises all staff related to Access data entry issues. Controls the correction of these errors and verifies solutions.
High School or GED
2 years’ experience
Certified Clinical Account Technician - CPAT/CCAT certification within one year of start date
Certified Patient Care Technician
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to think critically and resolve accounts with minimal supervision.
- Working typing and CRT skills. Knowledge of banking procedures.
Working knowledge of Patient Accounting systems.