IT Sr Service Desk Associate
Job DescriptionUnder general supervision provide daily Tier 1 phone-based support to Inova customers (internal and external) through a single point of contact identified to report problems or direct inquiries regarding standard IT related “break-fix” and “how-to” issues in accordance with appropriate industry standards. Provides real-time support to physicians, nurses, other care givers and all other Inova customers. Position will be part of a team that operates 24x7x365 to serve the health system customers. Will provide additional intermediate to expert subject matter understanding of technical support issues. Will be an escalation point for Service Desk Support Analyst I team members. Will provide foundational to intermediate subject matter understanding of clinical application support and will escalate to Service Desk Support Analyst III or engineering teams if necessary.
- Answers and responds to inbound calls, emails, escalations or chats using documented procedures, available tools and supplied script(s) to assess customer's technical support needs and handle/route accordingly to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Communicate courteously and effectively with empathy to ensure customer and service level standards are successfully met.
- Uses judgment and timeliness in responding to and resolving each issue or complaint to the customers’ satisfaction following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Resolution includes but is not limited to the following: Identify, research, and resolve Enterprise issues.
- Documents work in the ITSM tracking tool and utilizes the Knowledge base for troubleshooting and when appropriate, dispatch following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Requires accurate documentation, tracking, and monitoring the problem to ensure a timely resolution following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Performs proper urgency/impact assessment on incidents following SOPs and escalates callers to appropriate support teams/individuals/Leadership based on event to ensure customer’s issues are resolved quickly.
- Provides feedback on current Knowledge articles, and suggestions for new articles to knowledge article owners (SMEs), in order to resolve issues as quickly as possible at Tier 1 based upon Knowledge Centered Support (KCS).
- Updates Aging Tickets (incidents and requests) in individual agent queue at least every 48 hours to ensure customer issues are not forgotten and either resolved or escalated to appropriate support teams for resolution.
- May assist with Clinical calls and incidents during higher than expected call volume, Downtime/System Outages, or as part of a career advancement strategy.
- Meets or exceeds identified metrics that support Service Desk SLAs and SOPs.
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret general technical and business language.
- The ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, coworkers and customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Achieves specified performance goals.
- Provides foundational clinical application support as needed and escalates to appropriate teams as necessary.
- Provides regular feedback on knowledge articles related to commonly reported problems, questions, known resolutions and troubleshooting steps to maintain knowledge base.
- Mentors and supports Technical Support Analyst I where necessary with additional subject knowledge expertise.
- Recommends ideas to expedite incident detail and assignments, such as Incident templates, workflow, knowledge base articles, etc.
Associates Degree, preferably in Information Technology.
- A minimum of 4 years of IT related Service Desk/Help Desk experience in a high call volume Call Center required.
- 2 years of healthcare IT related experience.
- Experience with ServiceNow or similar ITSM tool required
- HDI – Support Center Analyst (HDI-SCA) must be obtained within 12 months of hire date.
- ITIL v4 Foundations Certification or Knowledge Centered Service (KCS) Principles and Foundations.
-- CompTIA A+.
-- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or equivalent.