Radiation Therapist Lead
Inova is seeking Full-time Lead Radiation Therapist to join the team.
An ideal candidate performs simulation procedures for initial patient set-up. Demonstrates essential skills of treatment modalities and protocols to accurately set-up and administer radiation treatments on a daily basis. Verifying proper functioning of linear accelerators, simulator and CT. Supervisory - Responsible for operational functions for Radiation Therapy, Simulation and Treatment. Communicates effectively with patients, family, medical staff, care team members, supervisors and outside contacts.
- Prepare immobilization devices in accordance with physician prescription.
- Film specified treatment volume for review and approval by physician.
- Mark/tattoo appropriate body anatomy for daily re-positioning on linear accelerator.
- Document or capture patient measurements and machine treatment parameters for dosimetry planning and calculations.
- Acquire CT data sets for patient postioning, contours, and set-up parameters.
- Demonstrates essential skills of treatment modalities and protocols to accurately set-up and administer radiation treatments on a daily basis.
- Verify beam parameters, ancillary aids and blocking via record and verification system on machine and the patients computerized treatment plan, before initiation of radiation beam.
- Maintains accurate records of daily treatments and other records as required.
- Documents any corrections in chart resulting from changes in the originally prescribed course of treatment. Detects unsatisfactory set-up and /or errors, resolves or reports to physician and physics.
- Ensures that portal verification films are taken at appropriate intervals. Recognizes the need to adjustments in treatment ports when comparing simulation films and portal films or patient position.
- Perform daily QA on linear accelerators, simulator and CT to verify accurate output of designated parameters. Reports erratic operation of equipment to physics.
- Verify operation of emeregency shut offs and interlocks. Reports any descrepancies to physics.
- Participate or provides assistance with in-vivo dosimetry measurements and special dosimetry.
- Works with director to develop and implement departmental education, quality, staffing and environment of care plans.
- Insures all departmental services are delivered in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensures equipment and supplies are maintained to provide all department services.
- Evaluates routine and new products with outside vendors and makes purchasing recommendations to director.
- Provides education and support of methods appropriate to the patient's level of understanding and motivation. Includes family/caregiver in education and training as appropriate.
- Demonstrates collaboration in communication with team members and is open to feedback and receptive to change as evidenced by team feedback.
- Communicates with families, physicians or other health care team members in anticipation of special needs of the patients or family in a timely manner to facilitate effective treatment of patient.
- 3-5 years
- Associates Degree
- Graduate of an AMA, JCERT approved school of Radiation Therapy,
- Associates Degree or an or an additional 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Certified Radiation Therapist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology
- BLS certified through the American Heart Association