Registered Nurse (RN) Main PACU Part Time
This dynamic perianesthesia care unit (PACU) serves a wide variety of surgical patients from the ambulatory to those requiring critical care, including level one trauma patients. The surgical population includes ENT, general, colorectal, neurosurgery, orthopedic, plastics (both cosmetic and trauma), thoracic, transplants, and urology. We serve the entire age continuum from the pediatric to the geriatric patient with the majority of patients being adult.
Nurses in this unit care for the perianesthesia patient throughout all phases including Preop, Phase 1, and Phase 2; and are able to rotate as needed to fit the needs of the unit. As vital members of the multidisciplinary team, nurses on this unit are specially trained to assist anesthesiologists with placement of regional nerve blocks. Our team will be growing over the next four years as our department grows to 30 operating rooms.
Our team is looking for RNs with critical care or PACU experience; with trauma care experience a plus. Necessary skills include critical thinking along with the ability to prioritize and excellent communication skills. Our ideal candidate is flexible, self-motivated, positive with a ‘can do’ attitude and a true team player.
Evidence-based nursing practice and shared governance are the foundational pillars of this unit where your voice is heard and your practice, valued. If you are interested in this fast-paced, dynamic environment where no day is ever the same, and want a team that supports your growth and professional development, then this is the unit for you!
- One year of PACU/Critical Care Nursing experience is required
- Solid PACU experience is highly desired
- BSN or ADN Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. If RN has an ADN, within six months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader and identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend - Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses - Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date - Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- RN license to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- ACLS, PALS, BLS healthcare provider certifications from the American Heart Association (AHA)