Back to Results
RN Vascular Surgery
Clinic And Schar Cancer 623312 Part Time 8081 Innovation Park Drive, Fairfax, VA, 22031, USApply
Job DescriptionAs an Outpatient Registered Nurse, you will provide safe/therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way in a physician practice or other outpatient setting. To help achieve our mission, you will incorporate differences into the provision of care while integrating knowledge, skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families to include patient and family education. Your ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with others while having respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines is essential. Using an integrated approach toward achieving desired patient outcomes while utilizing standards, guidelines and pathways for care delivery is of vital importance. Incorporating data and information to improve care and enhance outcomes while ensuring improvements in practice settings, by assuming responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning, is expected. Your ability to provide direction and guidance to others regarding practice while serving as a resource, preceptor and mentor is required.
- Performs essential duties necessary to clinic or non-acute operations to include taking vitals, stocking exam rooms, giving vaccines, blood draws, etc.
- Formulates plans of care based on trends of similar patients including patient education and discharge planning. Collaborates with patients/families to identify realistic desired outcomes.
- Adapts standards and guidelines for individual patients.
- Tailors and prioritizes caring practice to individual needs including cultural, ethical and spiritual needs. Participates in the planning of routine transitional healthcare needs (i.e. treatment options, patient placement options, end of life options).
- Responds to changes in patients' needs and provides holistic caring.
- Adapts planned educational programs and information to individual patients and families by modifying teaching strategies or content.
- Integrates education during the delivery of patient care.
- Ensures efficiency in the delivery of care. Determines immediate priorities and offers solutions for problems.
- Makes independent clinical decisions based on knowledge drawn from education and experience.
- Actively advocates for patients' rights and identifies potential conflicts.
- Seeks counsel for resolution of conflict.
- Identifies variances from expected outcomes.
- Evaluates patient outcomes and makes revisions to plans of care.
- Documents all patient care activities as per documentation standards.
- Assists the healthcare team with the documentation process.
- Understands, explains, participates in and utilizes human caring initiatives.
- Demonstrates a willingness to give 100 percent and voluntarily assists others. Works with the team to achieve maximum productivity.
- Communicates and collaborates consistently with healthcare team members, patients and families to maximize patient outcomes.
- Keeps informed of initiatives and incorporates the outcomes of team or committee work into practice.
- Participates in work groups and/or committees.
- Acts as a clinical resource and serves as a mentor to healthcare team members while displaying leadership behaviors.
- Identifies own learning needs based on self-evaluation and the progress made from the previous years.
- Demonstrates evidence of a minimum of 20 hours of self-development activities with a minimum of six formal contact hours beyond orientation/fellowship program.
- Maintains own Team Member Continuing Education Record.