Director PICU and CICU
Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to announce that the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded Magnet® designation, the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence, to our hospital in December 2020. Currently, only 8.5% of hospitals in the nation hold Magnet® designation and Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to be part of this select group. The new Magnet designation is in addition to several other prestigious recognitions which include: a five star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), being named by IBM Watson Health as one the nation's highest performing hospitals, and among the top 10 Major Teaching Hospitals, an A for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog Group, the #1 hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World Reports, and being nationally ranked in gynecologic care.
Our nationally recognized, 226-bed Inova Children’s Hospital houses comprehensive medical services and specialists who focus on the unique treatment of younger patients. Inova Children's Hospital is an award-winning, full-service children’s hospital devoted to the healthcare of infants, children and adolescents in the Northern Virginia area.
Why Inova? Follow the link to learn more about us! History of Inova
We honor our RN’S for providing world-class healthcare-every time, every touch- to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve! Follow the link to learn about our Nurse's!
Advance your career as a Director of Clinical Specialty within the Inova Children’s Heart Center Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit on the campus of Inova Children’s Hospital. The unit also includes a Pediatric ICU and is a level 1 Trauma Center.
At Inova, the Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit serves the needs of critically ill infants, children, and adolescents who require specialized heart care. This specialized unit is staffed by highly skilled nurses and a team of intensivists from multiple subspecialties, including anesthesiology, pediatric cardiology, pediatric heart surgery, neonatology (newborn care), cardiac critical care, and pulmonology (lung care) and. The unit is expanding to include transplant and device management.
A dedicated leader to support the team in caring for the most complex patients including transplant and device management is a great opportunity to impact the care of the most fragile patients.
The Director of Clinical Specialty assumes front line responsibility and accountability for managing the delivery of patient care. Responsible for the total management of a designated unit, which includes setting goals and objectives in accordance with Inova and Children’s Heart Center strategic initiatives, and for planning, organizing, directing, and monitoring unit activities on a twenty-four (24) hour basis. Fiscally responsible for the unit, facilitating efficient and cost-effective daily operations. Coordinates and evaluates the effectiveness of staff, unit performance, and system operations. Implements unit’s strategic plan relevant to the Inova Heart Center initiatives, while continuing to develop professional and support staff in establishing an environment where staff and patients can reach their full potential.
Candidates relocating from more than 50 miles away will also receive relocation assistance.
Shift: Full Time- Monday-Friday Day shift
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Preferred: Masters degree in Nursing, or evidence of pursuing same on a continuing basis. 3-5 years first-line leadership experience. Specialty Certification in area related to unit's clinical scope or in Nursing Administration within one year of hire.
- BLS and ACLS (from AHA)
- Minimum- One year of nursing leadership and two years' of acute care nursing in the PICU.
- Preferred: Demonstrated experience, minimum of three years caring for complex congenital cardiac disease in an ICU setting and five years of leadership experience in a Pediatric Cardiac ICU
- Demonstrated leadership in leading unit development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficient computer skills. Proven leadership skills and highly effective at leading a team and fostering a team environment. Demonstrates professionalism. Customer-focused, with strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to build and maintain partnerships. Strong problem-solving capabilities, and the ability to prioritize effectively. Able to serve as a mentor and a resource to other RNs.