Surgical Technologist 3 Wkend Premium Days
The renowned Inova Alexandria Hospital is seeking an experienced Surgical Technologist to join the OR team in a full-time capacity. This Operating Room consists of 14 rooms that provide a wide spectrum of surgical services to include: Breast, Cancer, Colorectal, Cosmetic, general, gynecologic, head and neck joint replacements, melanoma, neurosurgery, ophthalmology, Oral Surgery, Urology.
The Surgical Technologist 3 demonstrates superior knowledge of aseptic and surgical techniques in the role of the first scrub. Anticipates variances from expected outcomes and responds to patient needs immediately. Demonstrates leadership abilities.
• Recognizes safety hazards and initiates appropriate preventative and corrective actions.
• Anticipates need for unscheduled procedures or unanticipated turn of events during a surgical procedure.
• Assists with the flow of daily operating room schedule by readily accepting assignments/reassignments.
• Demonstrates awareness of and commitment to professional and leadership responsibilities.
• Supports and participates in departmental goals, educational programs, and QI process.
• Serves as a resource in at least 3 specialty areas/procedures. Acts as a resource person for specialty cases and assumes responsibility for management of specialty equipment and instrumentation.
• Demonstrates ability to troubleshoot specialty equipment.
• Performs the primary preceptor role for Surgical Tech staff and acts as a secondary preceptor for orienting perioperative nursing staff.
Education: Completion of an accredited Surgical Technologist program.
Experience: 2 years of previous experience as a Surgical Technologist or Surgical Technician.
Certification: BLS via AHA required; Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) via NBSTSA or Tech in Surgery – Certified (TS-C) via NCCT . Must be eligible for Surgical Technologist registration via Commonwealth of Virginia at time of hire. Registration must be completed within 6 months of hire. VA DHP Surgical Technologist
Other skills: Verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to deal with multiple tasks in a rapidly changing environment. Ability to deal with multiple tasks in a rapidly changing environment.