Interventional Radiology Technologist 1
As a full-time (start time for IR lab is 7:30 am - 4-10hr days M-F) Interventional Radiology Technologist 1 at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, you will provide clinical services according to practice standards. Be the ONE to take the next step in your career - excel in an Interventional Radiology Technologist 1 role at Inova. We offer full benefits with a clinical ladder, including 4 levels offering increases in pay and responsibility.
Sign-On Bonus Information:
The Interventional Radiology Technologist 1 position may be eligible for a competitive sign-on bonus for qualified candidates.
About the Inova Heart and Vascular Institute (IHVI):
The Inova Heart and Vascular Institute (IHVI) offers multidisciplinary expertise in convenient locations across the Northern VA areas with state-of-the-art facilities. Our vascular program takes a pioneering approach to the treatment of vascular disease through personalized and comprehensive treatments. Work with our award-winning team participating in a full spectrum of diagnostic, therapeutic, surgical, and interventional cardiac services.
About the Department and the Interventional Radiology Technologist 1 Position:
The Invasive Cardiovascular Labs are comprised of 14 labs (Cardiac Cath Labs, Interventional Radiology Labs, and Electrophysiology Labs) including a Comprehensive stroke center with 2 bi-plane Neurovascular rooms. As an Interventional Radiology Technologist 1 in the IR Lab at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, you will participate in cases related to:
Both Neuro and Vascular cases to include:
- Middle Meningeal artery Embolization
- Complex Neuro aneurysm treatments (Flow Diverter cases, coilings, & Device Assisted coilings)
- Staged AVM treatments
Vascular cases include:
- Complex Peripheral intervention (Atherectomy & Thrombectomy)
- Advanced Biliary intervention (BATO/BRTO & TIPS)
- Interventional Oncology (Y90/ Tace (Philips Emboguide system), Port placement, & Pain management (Cryo/Microwave))
- Vascular embolization cases (Trauma and GI, Subclavian post-TEVAR, Sclerotherapy, Pelvic congestion, & AAA Endoleak repair)
- Complex Pulmonary intervention (CTEPH (Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary hypertension), Management with Balloon angioplasty & PE thrombectomy)
- Work schedule: Days vary M-F, 4 - 10 hour shifts per week; 1 major holiday or 2 minor holidays per year; rotation call - averages 1 weeknight per week and 1 weekend per month based on staffing
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Radiography
- Experience: Some experience as a Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology Technologist
- Certification: BLS from the AHA; ARRT registry eligible. ARRT must be obtained within one year of hire
About Inova Health System
Inova’s hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.
We are proud to be named one of Forbes’ 2022 Best Employers for Women, #11 of 5,000+ facilities on Nurse Journal’s national 2023 Best Places to Work as a Nurse list, and a Top Performer in the 2022 Healthcare Equality Index for LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality.
- Full Benefits Package
- Inova Awards and Recognition
- Inova YouTube Channel
- Inova Facebook Careers Page
Inova’s Anti-Discrimination Employment Policy
Inova Health System is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. To fulfill this commitment, Inova Health System does not discriminate in any employment-related decision and administers all of its employment programs, procedures and practices without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, pregnancy (including childbirth, pregnancy-related conditions and lactation), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information. Inova operates both affirmative action and equal opportunity programs, consistent with federal and state requirements, including Governor's Executive Order One (2018). Consistent with federal and state requirements, Inova also prohibits retaliation against any person who files a charge of discrimination, participates in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposes an unlawful employment practice.