Back to Results
Patient Access Team Lead
Fair Oaks Hospital 623730 Full Time 3600 Joseph Siewick Drive, Fairfax, VA, 22033, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Patient Access Team Lead, you will use decision making processes and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions. To help achieve our mission, you will counsel patients on financial liability by using available financial counseling tools to achieve maximum reimbursement for patient services. Your ability to verify and enter insurance information and authorization/referral requirements into databases while using knowledge of coaching approaches, tools and techniques to improve individual performance and foster development is of vital importance. Organizing work to achieve maximum efficiency in addition to contributing to a safe patient care environment is required. Providing excellent service by identifying customer needs and fulfilling their expectations while managing the completion of work assignments based on priority and due dates is expected.
- Adapts scheduling to handle changing priorities and to juggle multiple tasks.
- Provides information and assistance regarding complimentary services when scheduling problems occur.
- Develops/implements monitoring processes to ensure that applications/grants are submitted timely and post-submission follow-ups are current.
- Reports safety hazards/violations and takes appropriate action to protect the environment and guests until help arrives – if necessary.
- Coaches staff to be proactive in identifying problems and developing/recommending solutions.
- Monitors individual and team progress toward meeting goals while giving specific/timely feedback. Works collaboratively with individuals and teams to build development plans that develop competence to achieve goals and priorities.
- Educates/trains others on insurance theory/verification and authorization/referral processes. Collaborates with colleagues, other managers and team leaders to solve cross-departmental issues and conflicts.
- Facilitates staff and team problem solving sessions by using structured problem solving methods and tools. Uses diagnostic tools and techniques to evaluate barriers, alternatives and resolutions. Divides large projects/assignments into phases with projected due dates and resource requirements.