Imaging Scheduling Rep2
Job DescriptionAs an Imaging Scheduling Representative 2, you will create accurate and complete accounts in host system by obtaining and verifying all registration information including determining if authorization is required. To help achieve our mission, you will meet and exceed established productivity, quality assurance and Call Center performance goals. Your ability to utilize standards, guidelines and written procedures for performing radiology scheduling functions is of vital importance. Scheduling efficiently and accurately by following established guidelines and applying customer service techniques in all interactions, both internally and externally, is expected. Communicating successfully using approved scripts and verbally interacting on the phone for up to eight hours is required.
- Follows name search procedures to ensure positive patient identification and prevent duplicate medical record assignments. Obtains/verifies all demographic information with patients or referring MD office.
- Selects correct plan codes and enters all insurance information to ensure timely and efficient authorization/verification of benefits.
- Completes the pre-registration process while maintaining accuracy rates in accordance with departmental quality goals. Ensures proper identification checks are adhered to at all times and all documentation guidelines are followed.
- Manages the web based requests by interpreting them, contacting patients and completing the scheduling process or directing patients as necessary for non-schedulable services.
- Conducts outbound calls and books appointments for messages left by phone. Manages the Patient Follow Up List by calling patients to explain physician orders and schedule appointments.
- Manages the Physician Follow Up List by calling or faxing offices, explaining the situation clearly, obtaining the correct information and contacting the patient to schedule them.
- Monitors and manages the Call Pilot faxed orders by calling patients to schedule appointments and scanning orders into accounts.
- Communicates with scheduling team members as well as physicians, office staff, patients, Inova Health System departments and any other entity outside or inside Inova.
High School diploma or GED
A minimum of three of years’ experience in patient scheduling, registration, and customer service. Minimum typing speed of 30 wpm.
Demonstrates a commitment to quality customer service to patients, physicians, co-workers, and the general public. Proficient with computers, telephones, fax machines and the use of various software applications. Ability to prioritize and perform work in an organized, efficient, and effective manner without constant supervision and direction. Minimum typing speed of 30 wpm.