Pharmacy Liaison 1
Job DescriptionThe Pharmacy Liaison 1 will primarily serve as the liaison or primary contact person between patient, pharmacy, insurance companies, nurses, case workers and physicians. This role will perform the various duties of a pharmacy technician which may include a variety of pharmacy services such as benefit investigation, obtaining prior authorizations, Med to Bed delivery, mail order tracking, drug inventory management and coordinating first time dispenses and refills of specialty medications. To help achieve our mission, the Pharmacy Liaison 1 will enroll patients in any appropriate patient financial assistance programs. These may include co-pay programs, manufacturer Patient Assistance Programs, various Foundation programs or grants.
- Utilizes clinical documentation to obtain prior authorization approvals and appeals.
- Assists patients with timely pharmacy access to medications.
- Enrolls patients in appropriate financial assistance programs when needed.
- Participates in variety of meetings to facilitate and communicate issues, obtain approvals and resolve problems.
- Maintains specified levels of knowledge pertaining to new drugs, payer requirements and pharmacy policies and procedures.
- Acts as liaison and provides technical and transitional support to patients, physicians, nurses, and support personnel.
- Documents all related communications with patients, physicians, finance, nursing, case management in appropriate platform.
- Responds to incoming calls and coordinates delivery of patient’s medications.
- Works with payers to obtain coverage for patients and appropriate emergency one time overrides when needed.
- Arranges work activities so that the pharmaceutical needs of patients are met.
- Cleans equipment and maintains all required temperature logs as per policies and procedures.
- Maintains accurate inventory values and drug procurement.
- May perform data entry of prescription including, but not limited to, patient search, prescriber search, drug selection.
- Resolves prescription insurance billing problems.
- Maintains accurate and up to date patient profiles and allergy and up to date medication reconciliation lists.
- Completes cash register transactions, answers phone and ensures privacy of patient information by following HIPAA guidelines.
- Facilitates accurate Point of Service payments and patient assistance programs applications.
- Utilizes manufacturer hubs to ensure Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy and other dispensing requirements are met.
- Manages Commercial and Medicare accounts and auditing processes.
- Coordinates medication status updates and refill services outreach.
- Assists the Pharmacist in reviewing, processing, preparing, filling, labeling and dispensing medication.
- Tracks and facilitates accurate patient pharmacy management status thru appropriate patient management platforms.
- Follows appropriate Utilization Review Accreditation Commission, Accreditation Commission for Health Care, United States Pharmacopeia standards.
- Follows scope of standards for Specialty pharmacy services which may include mail order shipping, cold chain distribution, compounding.
- Other duties as assigned.
Fulltime M-F Variable Shifts
High School or GED
Three years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician
One year working with Pharmacy Billing
Certified within 6 months
VA Pharmacy Tech License active upon start