Physical Therapist PRN Wkend
Inova Alexandria offers both acute care and outpatient rehab services and is proud to be recognized as a Joint Commission Center of Excellence for Spine, Hip, & Knee Replacement , a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center and accredited by AACVPR.
Come join our fabulous team on a PRN basis. We offer mentorship and a wonderful culture to thrive in.As a Physical Therapist – Pro Re Nata (PRN) Weekend, you will select evaluation and treatment methods appropriate to the diagnosis, age group and physical/emotional status of patients while formulating appropriate treatment plans. To help achieve our mission, you will demonstrate essential skill competencies in the use of treatment modalities, equipment and protocols.
- Documents evaluation results clearly and completely while including all essential elements according to department policy.
- Completes daily progress notes that reflect patients' responses to treatment, actual performance and an assessment as to status, relevant to treatment plans, eventual discharge needs and treatment summaries, if needed.
- Completes discharge notes that include a summary of the course of treatment, progress toward goals, discharge needs, recommendations for follow-up and patient and/or family education.
- Documents clearly, concisely and legibly within established timeframes (e.g. allows other therapists to continue treatment, allows for interpretation by payers, supports reimbursements, etc.).
- Documents evidence of patient and family/caregiver education.
- Contacts families, physicians or other healthcare team members in anticipation of special needs of patients and/or families in a timely manner to facilitate effective treatment plans.
- New graduate physical therapist eligible. One year of experience preferred.
- Bachelor's of Physical Therapy. Masters Preferred
- BLS certified through the American Heart Association.
- Virginia License required upon start.