Medical Assistant - Primary Care (Burke)
Inova Primary Care in Burke, VA is seeking a passionate Medical Assistant to join their dedicated team of healthcare professionals!
As a Medical Assistant for Physicians' Offices, you will provide patient care as well as clerical and environmental control services, according to established policies and procedures, in physician outpatient practices. To help achieve our mission, you will utilize information to continuously improve patient care and practice while enhancing outcomes. Communicating and collaborating with physicians/staff to provide coordinated, safe and compassionate care for patients is of vital importance. Your ability to participate in continuing education activities that enhance the professional abilities of team members and ensure up-to-date patient care is required.
- Performs daily checks of equipment to ensure it is in proper working order.
- Follows guidelines for point-of-care testing, EKG techniques and phlebotomy.
- Reports patient safety issues to the physician and practice manager in a timely manner.
- Performs general patient care responsibilities (e.g. scheduling and organizing patient flow, recording patient blood pressure/height/weight, accompanying patients to exam/procedure rooms, assisting patients as needed with walking/collecting specimens, assisting physicians/nurses, preparing patients for examinations/treatment, relaying instructions to patients/families, answering calls and providing pertinent information).
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities, as assigned, such as sending/receiving patient medical records, obtaining Laboratory/X-ray reports and hospital notes, processing referral information and completing forms/requisitions.
- Organizes medical records, Laboratory results and progress notes to ensure that the provider has all of the available/necessary information during patient encounters. Scans necessary medical information into patient charts. Instructs patients in basic testing requirements (e.g. clean catch urine, EKG, phlebotomy, pap tests, etc.).
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned (e.g. setting up instruments and equipment according to protocol, cleaning exam/procedure rooms and instruments/equipment between patient visits, ordering and storing supplies, restocking exam/procedures rooms).
- Properly disposes of expired medications and supplies. Adheres to and employs appropriate sterile technique and universal precautions guidelines.
- Experience: Previous experience in a medical group practice or similar situation preferred.
- Education: High School or GED
- Special Skills: Proficient in medical terminology preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Customer service oriented.