Senior Manager Content(Communications)
Job DescriptionThe Senior Content Manager will be responsible for directing and managing the content for InovaNet, Inova’s intranet. This role will work closely with Inova Digital Marketing, Information Technology, subject matter experts and in partnership with vendor(s), to launch a new corporate Intranet. The Senior Content Manager will be instrumental in developing content standards and governance across the intranet. This role will incorporate best practices in content, usability, search-engine optimization, and content management to ensure the continued integrity of the website. Also, this role will streamline processes for content aggregation, editing, approvals and publishing and will use project management tools and workflow features to help track and manage the workload. This role will be responsible for maintaining a consistent voice for the organization’s internal presence through its online platforms and tools while will leverage analytics to make informed decisions. This role has accountability for entire intranet site, including suggestions for new content, with a focus on supporting organizational objectives with adherence to brand guidelines.
- Accountable for entire intranet site, including suggestions for new content, with a focus on supporting organizational objectives with adherence to brand guidelines.
- Write, proofread, restructure and edit content for Inova's intranet.
- Communicate with content contributors and reach agreement on final drafts.
- Identify opportunities to creatively enhance current practices around article formats, headlines, and other elements to improve variety, readability and interest.
- Develop and manage an editorial calendar to ensure timely content.
- Collaborate with communications, marketing and design teams to ensure consistent brand messages and creative elements across all channels.
- Understand the digital brand and digital writing best practices as well as knowledge of Inova’s business goals and their expression in content creation.
- Use metrics and data to measure progress toward targets; develop proposals for increasing readership and engagement.
- Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference.
- Develop and manage governance structure for intranet; lead editorial board.
- Supports additional projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
5 years managing digital content for large, complex and matrixed organizations or related, relevant experience.