RN Unit Supervisor CICU
The Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) at Inova Fairfax Hospital is seeking a full time RN Unit Supervisor-night shift. CICU is a fast-paced critical care environment that places a strong emphasis on teamwork, excellent patient care, and providing a variety of learning opportunities to support the professional growth of our team. This is night shift 3 x 12's /week. Days vary.
Our high performing nursing team works in close collaboration with extensively trained medical colleagues to include a Cardiac Intensivist, Medical Intensivists, Interventionalists and Cardiologists rotating as CICU attending, and Cardiology Fellows.
Our specialty population includes but is not limited to:
- Unstable STEMI management and post PCI/PTCA recovery, serving as STEMI response for the campus
- Complex cardiac arrest and cardiogenic shock management including therapeutic hypothermia, CRRT, ECMO, Impella, and IABP therapies
- Complex advanced heart failure management, including traditional LVAD therapies, Heartmate and Heartware, as well state of the art percutaneous VAD devices (Tandem Heart)
- Complex unstable arrhythmia management, including care of complicated laser-assisted lead removal for PPM/AICD replacement, and transvenous pacemakers
- Advanced pulmonary hypertension therapies including Remodulin and Veletri
Key aspects of our unit that allow us to perform high quality care:
- State of the art monitoring devices and frequent exposure to cutting edge technologies and therapies
- Highly trained charge nurses out of staffing 24/7 in addition to a resource nurse
- A highly engaged core leadership team including nursing, medical, and pharmacy leaders who are invested in the patient care, growth of the program, and success of the team
- Medical direction by a highly skilled Cardiac Intensivist in collaboration with Fellowship Program Director, and a Medical Intensivist
- Highly trained Cardiac Clinical Specialist
- A growing Cardiology Fellow program that supports a model of 24-hour cardiology availability
- Clinical technicians whom provide CNA and phlebotomy support
- A zero-tolerance policy for negativity and disrespect between team members
- A strong emphasis on professional growth and development
Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to announce that the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded Magnet® designation, the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence, to our hospital in December 2020. Currently, only 8.5% of hospitals in the nation hold Magnet® designation and Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to be part of this select group. The new Magnet designation is in addition to several other prestigious recognitions which include: a five star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), being named by IBM Watson Health as one the nation's highest performing hospitals, and among the top 10 Major Teaching Hospitals, an A for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog Group, the #1 hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World Reports, and being nationally ranked in gynecologic care.
- At least one year of Registered Nurse clinical experience.
- BSN or AD (Associate Degree RNs within one year of completing their BSN)
- Completion of revised Charge Nurse Workshop within the first 90 days.
- BLS required.
- Specialty certification within one year of hire or obtain within one year of eligibility.
- Licensed to practice as an RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia