ServiceNow Systems Analyst III
Job DescriptionMaintains and facilitates implementations of systems, and databases to ensure optimum performance of automated systems. Manages complex Information System projects/products in order to provide automated solutions that meet Inova Health Systems business needs. Communicates project and team status to internal and external audiences to keep project team informed. Conducts or participates in system technical and application reviews to determine feasibility, cost and evaluate usefulness for Inova Health System Assists in recruitment, development and training of existing and new employees.
- As a ServiceNow IT Business Analyst, you’ll work to develop leading-edge ServiceNow solutions
- Working with your team of architects, developers. and business analysts, you’ll identify clients’ business needs, gather user requirements, and develop user stories
- You’ll understand the overall direction and nuanced user needs clearly, and you’ll guide your team as they fulfill these needs by creating deployable features
- You will work with developers and architects to ensure that solutions developed meet client needs via fully vetted acceptance criteria
- Together, you’ll deliver high business value products to process owners, stakeholders and customers
- Owns, creates, and maintains end-user training for assigned processes. Train and mentor teams around technologies/systems/processes.
- Bridges the gap between business and technology ensuring the common understanding and alignment of business / technology including functional (for business needs) and non-functional requirements (quality attributes, scalability, interfaces, constraints, etc.)
- Act as the single point of contact for IT for both new demands as well as escalations for operational requests with assigned business functions
- Develops/modifies application documentation for on-call, downtime and request processing as evidenced by maintaining updated and technically current Technology Services policies and procedures. Responds to and supports system issues/requests as evidenced by following documented on call, downtime, and request for service procedures in accordance with Technology Services documentation standards.
- Defines modifications to application software or databases to address system functions, and enhancements and assists end users in developing system requirements in accordance with Technology Services standards.
- Designs and prepares technical specifications, project documentation, work flow analysis to meet system and project needs in accordance with Technology Services standards.
- Provides application support and enhancements to existing applications, defines system requirements, priorities, and alternatives. Coordinates efforts of staff to install, test and maintain computer software systems by following change control procedures.
- Coordinates system upgrades, conversions and interfaces.
- Manages all phases of testing as evidenced by preparation of test scripts and conversion plans. Participates in testing and validation of test results and obtains end user acceptance sign-off in accordance with Technology Services documentation standards.
- Coordinates and directs project staff to assure projects/requests are completed within time tables and objectives met as evidenced by project plan and status reports for project oversight. Provides project management leadership as evidenced by project planning, problem resolution, change control and quality assurance in accordance with established policy.
- Evaluates impact present and or proposed systems have/will have on the organization as evidenced by detailed cost/benefit, statistical and impact analysis. Develops system documentation as evidenced by completed policy, procedures and system specifications, in accordance with Technology Services documentation standards.
- Assists end users in development of departmental policies and procedures as it relates to the application. Adheres to applications security and control procedures in accordance with departmental, vendor, and regulatory bodies. Educates end users on requirements and policies as they relate to these procedures.
- Facilitates assignment, prioritization, and resolution of issues. Communicates status and closure with end users, and escalates to manager as required.
- Uses effective customer service skills to maintain vendor and user relationships and communicates status and problems in a timely, professional manner as evidenced by status reports, issues list, in accordance with Technology Services documentation standards.
- Leads project task force meetings or work groups. Creates meeting agendas, project correspondence and meeting minutes in accordance with Technology Services documentations standards.
- Leads in conducting system investigation to determine functional and technical requirements, feasibility of application in the Inova environment, cost, and support/maintenance as evidenced by end user and vendor discussions.
- Identify best fit for processes and systems through analysis of software packages, making appropriate recommendations for best fit, as evidenced by user approval documentation, in accordance with IS documentation standards.
- Participates in vendor demos, site visits, and reference calls as evidenced by completion of demo scripts and reference call questionnaires, in accordance with Technology Services documentation standards.
- Remains current on system tools/methodologies. Participates in in-services and educational programs for professional development. Transfers knowledge to staff and makes recommendations for team/Analyst training programs to manager, in accordance with department budget and strategic plan.
- Assists in the initial screening of applicant by reviewing resumes, or conducting interviews, reporting impressions/findings to Manager or Director.
- Assists in the orientation of staff by providing training/mentoring as evidenced by completion of training program set forth by the Manager. Serves as a resource to other Analysts in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
Bachelors Degree or technical training plus equivalent experience.
3+ years as systems analyst or equivalent experience, analyzing and implementing systems in an integrated, complex environment.
Strong Customer Service and problem-solving skills.
Strong computer skills