Registered Nurse (RN) Float Pool Acute Care
Shift: 12 hour Night Shift, 7-7:30
Schedule: Full time, flexible self-scheduling
The Acute Care Float Pool (ACFP) Registered Nurse at Inova Loudoun Hospital is one of the most highly motivated and clinically adaptable nurses available. As a Float Pool RN you’ll provide exceptional patient care and peer support across our adult medical / surgical / telemetry units, pediatric unit, postpartum unit and behavioral health unit. Don’t worry – with our robust orientation pathway we’re dedicated to setting you up for success in each of these areas! You’ll leverage your autonomy and clinical expertise to assist and educate others while making a positive impact on the patients under your care. These assets make our Float Pool RNs some of the most sought-after preceptors and mentors. We’re a community hospital serving a diverse patient population in a fast-growing area of northern Virginia and we’re committed to obtaining and retaining nurses who are the cream of the crop! If you have at least two years of experience, love variety, and enjoy imparting your knowledge and assistance to others there’s no better position than this. You’ll never have the same day twice!
Expanding your skills and floating to the following units:
- Med/tele floors including observation, medical, surgical, oncology, and PCU
- Additional growth opportunities include pediatrics, behavioral health, and post-partum
The Inova RN:
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team.
- Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care.
- Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner.
- Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
- Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery.
- Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning
Why Inova? Follow the link to learn more about us! History of Inova
Why Loudoun? Inova Loudoun Hospital is a growing 211-bed nationally recognized, advanced community hospital with a rich history of proudly serving our growing and diverse community since 1912. We provide compassionate and comprehensive care for the entire family. Inova Loudoun Hospital has been designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for the fourth consecutive term, with 10 exemplars in a variety of Professional Practices during its latest designation. It is also a Joint Commission-certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center and Level III Trauma Center. It’s exciting to be a part of this growing hospital!
We have great benefits!
- Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, scholarships
- Clinical Advancement Ladder, certification reimbursement
- InovaWell program (health and wellness)
- 401K matching program
- Paid parental leave, Bright Horizons back-up childcare
- Employee Assistance Program, Lyra mental health access,
- 2+ years of acute care RN experience
- Education: BSN or AD
- If Associates Degree RN - Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
- Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification (American Heart Association) required
- NIHSS and ACLS (American Heart Association) preferred (or obtained while on orientation)